Story Suggestion and potential Boss fight

One thought I had about the overall story, perhaps it's implied, is that whoever transported Wilson et. all to the islands of Don't Starve has a specific agenda. They want to force well-off or well-to-do people to survive in the wilderness, perhaps as some sort of twisted vengeance for a perceived wrong. Or perhaps to remind them of how fragile society really is. That's the overall the sense I got frm the story of Wilson, a scientist taken out of his lab and placed somewhere where the odds are low he'll get out alive. They want to see the upper class terrified and torn to shreds (or others he somehow deems "guilty", which is a vibe I got from the girls).

So what does Wilson do? He builds a science machine anyway. He researches anyway. Nothing can stop the soul of a scientist, no matter what their situation.

My thought is that if you collect and wear a certain number of opulent items or have an elaborate or ostentatious base camp... you can lure out the one responsible for this madness. They'll of course be outraged that you've "learned nothing" . Maybe you'd get a chance to briefly clash with them.

Because the story has the potential to be really interesting, I don't think this should be the major or epic encounter. Perhaps it's part of a larger path to getting a "good" ending -- since obviously you've disrupted this demon's plans for you however briefly by pissing him off.