No XP at all for my efforts?

I am curious how the XP system works - it seems to do nothing if I do not survive beyond the days it took to level up previously. But I feel like there should be some sort of progression/xp for my time in each adventure. Otherwise it is just a buzzkill particularly because there is a lot of grinding off the top of a restart.Please understand how much I am enjoying the game but giving rewards for days survived and nothing for anything less than the max days you have previously (as I suspect I am supposed to infer from the xp progress meter) is not conducive to replaying, at least not without re-rolling the map.

I am curious how the XP system works [...] is not conducive to replaying, at least not without re-rolling the map.

My humble opinion is that not only you should always earn some XP (providing you AT LEAST survived up to day 3, so you are discouraged to start new games and die immediately to harvest easy XP) but you should be forced to re-roll on every start, so you don't take advantage of previously well-known maps to set up an easy camp right away.With forced re-roll every game would be an adventure of discovery, a search for the perfect spot to make the perfect camp, a desperate crusade to liberate the nearest pig town.

My humble opinion is that not only you should always earn some XP (providing you AT LEAST survived up to day 3, so you are discouraged to start new games and die immediately to harvest easy XP) but you should be forced to re-roll on every start, so you don't take advantage of previously well-known maps to set up an easy camp right away.With forced re-roll every game would be an adventure of discovery, a search for the perfect spot to make the perfect camp, a desperate crusade to liberate the nearest pig town.

I agree - re-roll should be a given. (though maybe a way to take a snapshot of your world for nostalgic purposes).But yeah, I survived 7 days, built a firepit and a science research lab, shaved my beard etc and got 10 xp.Burnout sets in quick.