my game suggestions and feedback

i'v been playing this awesome game for a while now and there a few things i thought about

so here i go:

1. if you destroy pigs house with the hammer they don't attack you...why?

2.the bug fix on the golden tools make sense now but they just not worth those 4 pieces of gold and i prefer the old ones.

3.the tallbird egg don't hatch and beside of looking after the egg it's seems like the tallbird don't have any purpose in the game mechanic.

4.creatures dynamics- i didn't check yet how buffalo react to the tree guard but it make sense if they will be scared and run. or if the tree guard will interact with one spider he will run too but if he will be near the nest they will attack him. it will be interesting to see some creatures dynamic as for now it's seems like some of them don't aware of each other.

i think it's brilliant to make the creatures of the game part of the ecosystem... like the birds and the seeds circle and the gobbler and berry.. same can be done with the buffalo and the grass or the bunny's and the carrot or something

5.there is a tree-guard that is scary... rocks-guard will be even more scary.

6.give us some stuff to do at night - currently we can only harvest those firebugs... and stay near light source. more game mechanics that are night-related will be cool.

7.more zones!

8.those tentacles can stunlock you sometimes and it's really hurts (its actually funny i had almost empty helmet and log-suit and in few tentacle attacks i was "naked").

:)

Hello and welcome to the don't starve forum community!

1) very good point, they should!

2) i also prefer the old ones, but they needed a nerf. Lets play with it a little more to see if its an overnerf or not.

3) Tallbird eggs give 80 research points. After the research point system changes in January, we might need to do something about them, never really thought of that, again, good point.

4) Creatures do interact. U can bait treeguards into pig villages or into tentacles, and if u keep running from the hounds, they will attack anything in sight. Spiders seem to ignore everyhting except u. They do fight tentacles, but only after the tentacle attacks first.

5) Rock guards i believe have been suggested b4 and the devs are looking into it, they read all the threads, which is awesome. There will be alot more creatures b4 the game is finished.

6) Its true that nighttime is more limited, but it doesnt last very long and stuff like the mining helmet allows u to go around and steal tallbird eggs while they sleep, dig up mandrakes and shave sleeping beefalo :D

7) YES!! Will be added for sure, has been suggested alot and the devs have some pretty good ideas too.

8) Tentacles deal the most DPS from all enemies currently in the game. However u can kill them without getting hit once. The trick is finding out how to.

Tentacles always hit 2x and then stretch towards the sky b4 going back into the ground. When they reach up to the sky, that is when u run in and hit them once. Then run out of range again, while the tentacle retaliates with 2 more hits. Rinse and repeat.

Nice to see more enthusiastic people creating forum accounts!

thankes.

i will address your points :)

4. i know about those and i sometimes plant's spider eggs near tentacles for silk. (i prefer this then plant it near pig house since they eat there meat and most of the time they miss each other on the counts that spiders are active at night).

by interact i meant in the ecosystem sense. but i guess it's extremely complicated to manage.

5.it will be funny to get caught between a rock and hard place:D

6. i know but even so more night content dependency will make it more interesting.

7.cool!

8.sometimes i wonder how the creature that have those tentacles look like........

When they first introduced bee, they attacked EVERYTHING on sight. Beefalos weren't specially fond of bees, and you could have a whole bunch of them running towards the beehives and killing everything on sight. It was a mess. What I'm saying is that interaction between monsters/animals is hard to balance, but I too would love to see more of it.