Suggestion: A Plea to Make Using Manure Easier

Hello, and thank you in advance for reading this.

Personally, I like the changes to grass in the Nov 29 where it requires fertilization after a few harvests. However, it highlights a certain problem in regards to using manure. To use manure to fertilize, you have to click the manure, move it over the manure, then click the grass to fertilize. This is problematic for two reasons: Grass is such a small target that it's hard to click it, and because of the sheer amount of grass that needs to be picked to make items, fertilizing grass this way is extremely tedious.

I would not complain about this if I did not have a suggestion to address this issue, though. Currently, you can select items on the inventory bar using the number buttons. Pressing the number for manure in the inventory causes the character to comment on their extreme love (or hate) of poop, however. My idea is to make it so that when you mouse over something on the screen, say, brown grass (the grass that needs poop), and press the number for the inventory item, if the inventory item has a use for the object (fertilize in this case) the avatar will perform the operation on it.

Comparing the current method of operation vs this idea...

Currently

1. Mouse cursor over to grass.

2. Click (or space when close) on grass to harvest grass. Grass is harvested. This was the last harvest of grass, so now it is depleted and needs poop.

3. Player selects poop from inventory.

4. Player mouses poop over grass until it says fertilize (which he needs to make sure of, otherwise his avatar will just plop the poop at his feet and look off like he just had a terrible accident he's glad no one can see).

5. Player clicks. Grass is fertilized and will now grow again in time.

Idea

1. Mouse cursor over to grass.

2. Click (or space when close) on grass to harvest grass. Grass is harvested. This was the last harvest of grass, so now it is depleted and needs poop.

3. Player mouses cursor over grass (if not already there).

4. Player presses number for manure. Grass is fertilized and will now grow again in time.

While number-wise it doesn't look like much of a difference in time, when performing the same fertilizing process for each and every grass on your third harvest, it leads to more time saved, less tedium, and less pain on my wrist having to mouse down to the inventory bar and back to the playing field. This method could also be used with all sorts of other items too (stuffing king lardbutt's fat cheeks, cooking meat, giving meat to pigs, fertilizing normal fields, etc).

It's just a thought, but as it is, fertilizing every tiny little grass gets to be extremely tedious over time, especially if you're not the sort who goes around digging them up and hoarding them all near your base. Again, thank you for reading.