Maxwell's Journal

Chapter 1:Maxwell's Journal

It was quite a boring day for Wilson, he had nothing to do, other than to live of course. He has an abundance of food, a little overstocked on supplies, shaved his beard for the 56.567th time (according to his theory), and he had officially hunted down and exterminated every single spider den on the island, above and under ground. He decided to look around the old graveyard down the path for anything, even though he had dug up all the graves. He looked over in one of the graves and noticed something that he missed, a book. He picked it up and looked at the cover. It was an average sized journal with the name William Carter written on the front. He looked over and every page had been filled out. He had never been so excited to have someone elses diary before, this would keep him occupied for then next few months or so. He went back to his fortified bunker of stone, made a fire for the night and began to read.

Chapter 1:Maxwell's Journal

It was quite a boring day for Wilson, he had nothing to do, other than to live of course. He has an abundance of food, a little overstocked on supplies, shaved his beard for the 56.567th time (according to his theory), and he had officially hunted down and exterminated every single spider den on the island, above and under ground. He decided to look around the old graveyard down the path for anything, even though he had dug up all the graves. He looked over in one of the graves and noticed something that he missed, a book. He picked it up and looked at the cover. It was an average sized journal with the name William Carter written on the front. He looked over and every page had been filled out. He had never been so excited to have someone elses diary before, this would keep him occupied for then next few months or so. He went back to his fortified bunker of stone, made a fire for the night and began to read.

CHAPTER 2:Arrival (Entries 1-5)Day 1, Odd Wilderness I found this journal beside me when I woke up here, I suppose it should keep me busy. I cant remember much of what happened. I remember doing my magic act, I was supposed to come out of the coffin but I was grabbed by some shadowy hands. Now I am here, in this odd wilderness. I can tell that this isn't my world. The flowers are exotic and the wild life as well. Rabbits have horns, butterflies and bees are as big as my fist. I'm not a survival expert in any way so if I died by the time you got this journal, my name is William Carter, I'm a magician from London, England.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 2, CampI managed to make a fire for the night using some logs and grass I found. I've managed to make an axe out of a sharp stone and stick, it isn't the best but it will do. I had to eat the snack bars I left in my pocket, which wasn't very filling. There are many berry bushes around but I'm not sure if they are poisonous or not. I don't want to risk it and die. There is a road leading up north, I will follow it up tomorrow morning.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 3, VillageI don't know what to say right now. Pigs. Walking. And talking. They aren't very smart and seem to worship the fattest one in their village. I'm assuming he is the king. They live in wooden houses and have a farm of berry bushes. If they can eat the, I suppose I can. I still have my axe and they are starting to look pretty appetizing, still though, I don't want to kill anything, especially anything that is sentient.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 4, Forest ClearingI've done something horrible, I killed a pig, the others saw and wounded me. I still have the meat though, but I have to ask myself, was it worth not starving to kill an innocent creature. I think I broke a rib and I have a pretty bad headache. Maybe ill fall asleep on this big black ston-*The rest of the page is ruined by spilled ink, the entry continues on the next page* I woke up healed, but the stone I fell passed out on broke. It left a blob of pulsating dark mass, I wonder what it is, I feel like I should hold onto this.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 5, Temporary camp*The page is covered in drops of dried blood*Its night right now. I have a feeling I'm being stalked by something in the dark, something that wants to kill me. The feeling goes away when I'm near light, maybe it doesn't like light? What if its the black goo I picked up earlier? Maybe that is attracting it. I will continue this entry in a bit..I'm going into the dark to see what it is.I went in the dark, bad idea. Something IS there, and it slashed my arm and back badly. I'm bleeding out. Whatever it is won't go near light, I'm always going to keep a torch on my person now that I know that thing is out there. Has is been stalking me this whole time? I'm going to sleep as soon as I make the fire big enough for the night.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tell me what you think so far!

Chapter 3:Grue (Entries 6-10Day 6, CaveThat..thing that is lurking in the darkness, I need to get rid of it if I am going to be safe. I set up a permanent camp not far from this cave. I built a machine that should make manufacturing new things a bit easier, a Science Machine if i remember correctly. I made a crude spear from some stone and twigs bound with rope. Though my suit won't provide much protection it at least is dapper, should keep me from going too uncivilized and..primitive. Anyway, I found a trail of the odd black liquid leading to this cave. I still have the pig meat and the berries are NOT poisonous so I've been surviving off them. Maybe I can bait the creature with the meat? I'll have to take a risk and try.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 7, Deeper Cave LevelI've ventured deeper into this cave in search of the beasts lair. I really do hate to end anythings life early..even the dog sized spiders and rabid Bunnymen who live here. I may be getting closer to the nocturnal monsters lair, I have an abundance of the black liquid since I followed the trail, there is also the smell of rotten flesh as I go deeper. I will have to end this entry, the light from above ground is fading.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 8, LairI have done it, I have cornered the beast within its lair by setting lit torches in front of the only entrance.It is a horrible sight, the beast is hunchbacked on two legs with long skinny arms and claws longer than my body, it has only eyes, ears, and a mouth on its elongated face, and it seems to produce this black residue like saliva. The foul manse of this lair is spattered with the black residue, with previous victims skeletons plastered to the wall. It makes me sick to my stomach, though I have to admit, it is a smart creature. It knows my intentions, to trap it in what it fears most, light. Maybe I can tame it, perhaps even change its nature? There has to be some good in it, right? I will take some time to study it and this black residue it produces.Day 9, LairI have done it, I tamed the beast! I named him Charlie, after my assistant during my magic shows. I am finally safe in the dark now, as long as I don't obscure my face or muffle my voice, since it can only see and hear. I've collected some foods from this cave. Some very good tasting bananas grow down here, they seem to be good to the animals down here as well, since many trees are picked clean.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 10, Home CampBack at camp, bad news though. My glasses broke, which isn't good since without them I'm pretty much blind. I can see just well enough to write this with difficulty. I suppose I will just have to get used to it. On the other hand I'm short on food. I don't think I can survive much longer now. I will keep writing as long as I can, keeps me sane.

Chapter 4:Swampland (Entries 11-20)Day 11, Base campI have been experimenting with the science machine more and I think I have upgraded it to be able to make more things. I have been having to trap and kill rabbits to survive recently..makes me hate myself a bit, but its either them or me. I'll write tomorrow, I think Charlie is getting hungry.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 12, Outside SwamplandSupplies have run short at my home camp so I need to go farther to get food, the rabbits smartened up and left their holes with nothing but droppings, and I cant reliant on slow growing berries and carrots. I need to hunt. I found this swamp area that I'm not sure about crossing. I will write back tomorrow when I get across.Day 13, SwamplandI'm worried for my health. Some sort of tentacle-thingy lashed out of the ground and hit me in the back, I'm not bleeding much only one of the spikes hit me. What worries me is the mosquitoes here, they are as huge as the bees, and probably carry more diseases than my worlds. I'm going to make the fire very large tonight, maybe that will keep mosquitoes away.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 14, Swampland clearingI am pretty much starving. I keep thinking I see food in the distance, last night one of those tentacles looked like a kebab. I'm going to have to eat something, I'm pretty sure if I time a spear throw right I can get one down. I will continue this entry after I succeed or fail.YES! I did it, I killed a tentacle! I harvested anything that didn't look like reproductive organs, which was hard to do because the whole surface of it is covered in them. I started cooking the meat. It's not bad, a little tough. It tastes like a cross between beef and squid. There was a lot of meat on it, I wrapped up the meat in reeds I cut for later.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 15, Savanna PlainI have found a savanna populated with food, I mean Buffalo. Tentacle might have made me sick. It's coming back up.. This isnt good, I'm losing the contents of my stomach, I'm only going to starve faster now. Charlie seems to have a wide range. I keep hearing him around my camp. Maybe I can look for anything he kills, might still be some meat on the bones. I sound like a parasite...ugh.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 16, Savanna CampMy condition has worsened. I have a fever now. Not good. Not going to write much today. Feeling weak and dizzy...*The whole page had ink spilled on it*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 17, DarknessIt's dark, so dark I can't see what I'm writing. I hear something, not Charlie though. Things, eyes, they watch. I'm probably just hallucinating all this. I'm going back to sleep. Maybe I will be a bit more level headed in the morning.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 18, HerdI have been getting better. I found a herd of the buffalo creatures, I picked off a lone one early today, still harvesting the meat. It's at least a months worth of meat. I made a drying rack of sorts. I have the meat drying now. I cooked up some small bits to fill me up in the mean time. I'm not sure how I've recovered so quickly. I had an odd dream as well, In the dream I was taken by the hands, to a throne of shadows. Unknown beings sat me down and the throne healed me. I wonder if it means something?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 19, Buffalo-Creature CarcassIt's getting colder. Its at least dropped 10 degrees since day 14 out here. Winter may be coming. I was able to fashion a hat and wool suit from the buffalo-thing I killed. Definitely not dapper, but it will keep me warm. The meat dried quick out here, I suppose this worlds sun is hotter.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Day 20, Buffalo TentI turned the buffaloes carcass into a tent, Its very warm in here though that is to say anything about the smell. Not dapper at all..but today it started snowing. Snowing. In a savanna! I will write again in a bit, I need to get a fire going.

Chapter 5:Nightmares (FINAL)

Lets just go back to Wilson for a moment. He has read up to William Carters twentieth day, and its been keeping him entertained so far. Wilson turned the page and to his disappointment about every one of the papers were rendered unreadable by a single large splat of dark ink in the middle. Wilson estimated that a good twenty days of reading was lost. In disappointment he went to the last available day, day 287.

Day 287, Their Land

They have showed me what this black liquid really is. Liquified Nightmares, I have refined it into a blade using my personal research station, the Shadow Manipulator. As I write this they show me new things, beautiful things. I think my Tallbird experiment failed, I'll just let them roam the world. Charlie seems to be happy eating that pig village. Was quite amusing watching that king squeal, still though the amusement is short lived. I know, a human plaything. Perfect. I'm going to go find one. Meanwhile, I'm going to bury this somewhere along with William Carter, since I'm Maxwell now, and while I'm at it, whats that behind you Wilson?

Wilson sat there thinking, was this the actual journal of the demon who had trapped him here for twelve long years? What would happen if I were to turn around? Could the Deerclops be there? Maybe looking behind would start a hound attack? He looked behind him and there was Maxwell, grinning maliciously. "Say pal, looks like you found my journal, so how was the read?" Wilson just looked on in fear too shocked to answer. Maxwell responded to the silence. "So no comment eh? Good enough. Sorry for just about every page being censored..its just that it would help you too much, and where is the fun in you getting any help?"

Maxwell walked to the paralyzed Wilson and took his journal before disappearing in a puff of grey smoke. Wilson was having trouble processing all that just happened thinking, How did William go from a man just trying to survive, to a demon who gets enjoyment from Wilson suffering? Maybe after being out here so long he gave up and would do anything to survive? Wilson didn't want to give Maxwell the satisfaction of ending up like him. Wilson got up, and went to get more logs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tell me what you thought, this is my first fan-fic

I might do part 2 if you guys want.