Make Spiders Ignore Unit Collision with Trees. <They are too easy to kill>

I'm not sure if there is a purposeful reason for making spiders UNABLE to walk through trees. In the nature of reality, I would say that spiders should have no problems with trees.. Currently I can wipe a tier 3 spider hut in under 10 seconds.. here is how and why I want the spider collision to change.

If you find a 3 tier spider hut, get ready to burn it to the ground! BUT FIRST!.. Collect 14 pinecones... use the <-- arrow --> keys to change the camera view and build the smallest tightest fence around the spider hut you can possibly muster with 14 trees.... then build a small campfire and over fuel it. In a matter of 15-20 seconds of work and maybe 2-3 minutes of planning, I can harvest around 30 silk in one day using this method. While awesome.. I think it's broken... shouldn't spiders ignore tree collisions since they are natures little ninjas anyway?

Is this working as intended? Or anyone have other creative ways to deal with spiders?

My only thought on this was a suggested fix for trees, namely, adding in a new "first stage" level to its growth as a seedling. During this stage in a tree growth cycle it is more like a sapling... in that it can't be harvest for wood/pine cones and cannot block anything.

You consider that easy? Seems like an awful lot of work. I just hit them with my spear and and watch for the attack animations. They do an obvious grimace before they pounce, so just back away. They are stunned after one hit, dead after two. Rinse and repeat.

You consider that easy? Seems like an awful lot of work. I just hit them with my spear and and watch for the attack animations. They do an obvious grimace before they pounce, so just back away. They are stunned after one hit, dead after two. Rinse and repeat.

Personally I use pig men to hunt spiders for me. I built them a whole village (8 pig houses so far and counting).

i never burn spidersdens ( i want all the loot, burning them doesnt give you spider eggs, you cant replant it)

i never use pigs( i want all the loot). i dont like pigs. give mee dem beefalos :)

i only need a spear. ( vs 3*4 spiders i get hit once if im unlucky)

i dont use treeswalls since they block sight and are ugly :p

i really dont care if spiders can pass trees or not, its up to the player to pick his battles and act accordingly.

a really easy quick fix for this "problem" of easymode for firedevils is make silk burn.

Edited by atarihuana