Small Suggestion For Dead Trees

Currently when you chop a dead tree it will crumble into a pile of sticks and sometimes drop a pine cone. That pile of sticks counts as a stump that can be dug up.

It would be nice if that pile of sticks actually gave 2 sticks isntead of a log. It would be more visually accurate and it would be nice to have an alternate way to acquire sticks once you figure it out.

In addition to this, if you feel sticks would then be too plentiful you could make it so that saplings will eventually turn into actual trees and make it possible to unlock at maybe tier 2 or 3 the ability to make saplings.

Sample sapling recipe: 6 sticks, 2 ropes, 4 manure.

Its not a matter of strategy its a matter of visual feel. It feels wierd to see a log come from a pile of sticks.

mm, fair point I guess

My excuse is that a game is never obligated to make sense, and the rare instances that it follows intuitive logic are merely hiccups in the grand design. I like me some silly games!

Its not a matter of strategy its a matter of visual feel. It feels wierd to see a log come from a pile of sticks.

Actually, you get more logs per axe by chopping a dead tree once, then using a shovel to dig up the bundle of sticks for a log. So for using two tools just once each, you get a log.

Oh man that would be a pretty great way to get sticks. I could have stacks and stacks without having to wait for anything to grow :D

And yet... do we really need that many sticks? I find that of all my resources sticks are among the least used. For me it's mainly logs and grass, as I burn grass in my firepits. Then again, I have access to more grass than saplings. Still, I'm curious how sticks compare to grass in terms of burn duration.