Suggestions / Ideas after I've hit day 80

Build Bridges - There is all this stone and NONE of it goes to use other than 1 or 2 things and then you never need it again, and while I'm not a big fan of "teleporting" at least save me 3 or 4 days and let me build a measly bridge to the next part of the world. In the last 3 worlds I've made, the 2 MOST separated pieces are almost hugging, EXCEPT for a measly patch of water, they said they want to eliminate the grind, well this is one way to do it!

Mountain and Snow Regions (Diversity is cool)

Bigger maps (This would reduce the same-y feel that comes after day 50 or so, but please make building a bridges a thing if you do this, or at least make boats, lol)

More use for the Unique grave items (Just using them for the Pig King or for extra research gives away the uniqueness of the items, make certain items only craftable unless you have that item, like the gems or what have you, would make the hunt across the graveyard worth more to the player).

Sythesizable items, weapons, etc (If anyone has played the Final Fantasy games they know what I'm talking about) - Kind of like a crock pot for non-food items, lol Say you have the basic armor, you also have 2 or 3 tentacle weapons, boom, armor that now slightly hurts the enemy that attacks you and so on.

Fishing in the Sea - (Would give me a reason to use the fishing pole at all)

Certain Day Incentives - maybe achievements would take this spot better, but maybe have certain happenings or certain events more likely past a certain day

Ranged Weapon - It can be bow and Arrow or anything really, but I think the game needs at least 1 longer ranged weapon, these people can build alchemy machines out of rocks and sticks, I don't think a bow & arrow is too alien a concept.

More "Magical" items - Now I've seen the argument saying "It doesn't fit the feel" but explain what magic is doing in it anyway, lol Maybe give yourself extra speed for 48 hours (Elixir of Endurance) or even the ability to fly for 24 hours, giving you the ability to go to other places that would otherwise take you half a week (I'm on one of those worlds right now, lol). This would also give you something to utilize the grave items for.

Build Bridges - There is all this stone and NONE of it goes to use other than 1 or 2 things and then you never need it again, and while I'm not a big fan of "teleporting" at least save me 3 or 4 days and let me build a measly bridge to the next part of the world. In the last 3 worlds I've made, the 2 MOST separated pieces are almost hugging, EXCEPT for a measly patch of water, they said they want to eliminate the grind, well this is one way to do it!

Well that's certainly one solution. Makes me think of Minecraft for some reason... maybe because I built lots of stone bridges for my mass transit mine cart system. Anywho, I'm hopeful that should the land bridges be removed that they'll introduce rafts/boats as a means of travel across the sea, which in turn would allow them to move the islands either farther apart or make building bridges costly. But if they never have boats/rafts... then sure, why not building bridges?

Mountain and Snow Regions (Diversity is cool)

I certainly would mind a snowy biome, although I'm not sure the game will ever have elevations so having a mountain may not be possible. Still, if it were possible then I wouldn't be against it.

Bigger maps (This would reduce the same-y feel that comes after day 50 or so, but please make building a bridges a thing if you do this, or at least make boats, lol)

I would say yes, but only once there's more game content. I hardly need the current content copied/pasted 10x. I'd Sooner restart my map if it became that boring... which so far is hasn't for me.

More use for the Unique grave items (Just using them for the Pig King or for extra research gives away the uniqueness of the items, make certain items only craftable unless you have that item, like the gems or what have you, would make the hunt across the graveyard worth more to the player).

Well they'll eliminate research points in January, but yes, then that only leaves them as gifts to the Pig King. I would like the items we dig up to have more uses. For example, we find wiring... wouldn't it be nice if there was an invention we could create ONLY with wiring? And with no other way to craft wires you could only craft the invention if you managed to dig-up the wires.

Sythesizable items, weapons, etc (If anyone has played the Final Fantasy games they know what I'm talking about) - Kind of like a crock pot for non-food items, lol Say you have the basic armor, you also have 2 or 3 tentacle weapons, boom, armor that now slightly hurts the enemy that attacks you and so on.

I'll wait and see what Klei plans to do with the weapons/armor tab. So far everything except food has been crafted through the invention system so I expect that to continue... although anvils and whatnot have been mentioned in the past (and would work like researching inventions needed close proximity to either the science or alchemy machine).

Fishing in the Sea - (Would give me a reason to use the fishing pole at all)

I would like being able to interact with the sea...

Certain Day Incentives - maybe achievements would take this spot better, but maybe have certain happenings or certain events more likely past a certain day

Achievements... not really interested. I come up with all my own achievements. I just got "Built Chest Fort"! And the next one I plan to earn is "Eaten by Hounds"! However I do like the idea of events. So far the only event we have to look forward to right now is the one involving hounds...

Ranged Weapon - It can be bow and Arrow or anything really, but I think the game needs at least 1 longer ranged weapon, these people can build alchemy machines out of rocks and sticks, I don't think a bow & arrow is too alien a concept.

Don't say "one"! We'll have one tomorrow with the new blow pipe/darts! We need at least two, and I support the bow/arrows being that second ranged weapon. ;)

More "Magical" items - Now I've seen the argument saying "It doesn't fit the feel"

Really? Have you? Have you really? :p

but explain what magic is doing in it anyway, lol

It just is what it is. Like cancer... it exists. I just don't encourage it. :)

But seriously, you like magic? Fine. Suggest magic. I'll just suggest alternatives.

Maybe give yourself extra speed for 48 hours (Elixir of Endurance) or even the ability to fly for 24 hours, giving you the ability to go to other places that would otherwise take you half a week (I'm on one of those worlds right now, lol). This would also give you something to utilize the grave items for.

That sounds like a Stamina Tonic and a flying machine... have you seen my solution for flying? It's in another thread. It was the best solution EVER. As before, I'm all for finding uses for the grave items. One idea I had was, because so many of the items were toys, is to allow Wendy to give them to Abigail in order to grant her ghostly sister limited powers. Never came up with ideas as to what powers she would gain.

Oh, and the Lying Robot. I suggested that if you RMB on him he occasionally would tell you a lie that had some connection to the truth and you just needed to work it out. Like, "If you see something stirring in the swamp's much, don't worry, it's friendly".

I entirely support the idea of bridges and/or boats/canoes.

post-3052-13764589433636_thumb.jpg

As you can see... I have to go through AN EPIC JOURNEY FRAUGHT WITH PERIL AND THIN PATIENCE to get to very important things in my world. I know it wouldn't be easy to put the bridge/canoe mechanic in the game, but i trust that these guys can absolutely do it well! ...please do it... :D

EDIT: i ended up starting a 2nd camp on that last island with the 2nd beefalo herd. treegaurds got me, now i have to make that journey flint-less and tool-less :(

Wow, that is a small, and annoyingly difficult map. That is some pretty bad luck with world generation you got there!

Before I play a map, I use Wolfgang (doesn't need food the first day) to run around the edge of the first island , and if I see a bridge, I make a new map, as I hate the bridge system, and prefer a huge, single landmass, as I find it to just be more fun in every possible aspect. I also find bridge-less maps to have more landmass in total (yes, the spheres overlap, losing landmass, but there are more of them, and they are larger, easily making up the difference and then some).