Don't Starve Trading Card Game

Hey,

Here the thread for the DS-TCG :)

I made a quick system, please give feedback.

Game System

The Player

The players (you and your opponnent) are called as 'Puppetmasters', like Maxwell, who try to fight each other with their own creatures. The main goal is to kill the enemy Puppetmaster's character. The life is displayed in dices, sheet of paper, calculator and so on. If they get to 0, they are dead and lost the game.

On your hand you are allowed to have 8 cards, if you have more than that you need to throw one onto the Graveyard (where all the dead/used cards come) at the begin of your turn.

Cards

They are a few different kinds of cards. Ressources, Creatures, Items and Characters.

You can only have one character and only 6 items at the time on the table.

The character card get layed on the table before the game.

Ressources are the basic materials which you need to buy the other cards. You can only bring 1 into a game at once in your turn. You can "collect" the ressources by marking them somehow or turn them or just remember them. You can only store ressources for your turn, so you can't stack them up or something like that, 1 card equals 1 ressource. After the enemy's turn you can "regrow" them by just taking away the marker.

Creatures are every non-character mob in the world such as spiders or pigs. They have 2 values, DMG (Damage) and ARM (Armor). They ARM defines how much get take away from the enemys DMG. When the enemys DMG is higher than your ARM the creature goes down on the graveyard.

You can equip your character and your creatures with 1 chestpiece, 1 tool and 1 helmet at a time. You can only equip creatures if it stands on the card tough.

Items are cards that you can play in your inventory (just a place on the table) and use them from there. You can only use a item once per turn.

Attack turn

You can attack once in your turn. With your character and your creatures. Both works the same way, altough your character don't have only 1 lifepoint.

You can attack only with 2 cards per turn. You can choose if you want to attack the character or a creature.

On a creature it's just DMG and ARM comparison. If your character gets attacked you can choose a creature to "block" for you or tank it by yourself.

Just so you understand the damage system:

Your DMG - Enemy ARM = Damage in lifepoints

The most creatures have only one lifepoint, this is more important for the character.

Soo what do you think :)

Lg

Sounds a bit like MTG, to the point when it's kinda like, the same game :D I like the changes to it though. But how about something different regarding resources? Something like "you can play 1 resource card of each type during one turn. You can pay any number of playable cards to the table in a turn. Playing a card consumes resource cards enough to pay the card's cost." And then some kind of mechanic to "refine" resources... Like, 2 stone = 1 cut stone and so on (refined resources are used to pay for more advanced cards).Just throwing my ideas around :D I really like the notion, and if someone does this, I'm a real happy pumpkin.~Vel