Aggro! or at least the ability to protect ones pigmen somehow

very frustrating to get a group of pigmen to chop down a forest only to have them all die because 1 tree monster spawns. it wouldn't be so bad if the tree monster could be aggroed by player allowing us to sort of tank it instead of everything getting damaged, or at the very least let us arm our pig men with tree armor and spears so they do die in two hits from a single mob or from 100 spiders that we cant kill fast enough in order to save them.

pretty please?

Well in personal opinion I think the fact it agros to the first thing that hits it is fine. You can tank just have to be the first one there to hit it. Also not everyone wants to tank a tree monster as I have easily on a few occasions massed enough pigmen to instantly kill tree monsters on their own.

word, well it seems that the tree shepherd does aoe damage, even when i am the first to strike any pigmen nearby also takes damage. or at least it seems that way. if we were able to hold aggro we wouldn't really have to tank it entirely i mean you can still micro dodge and then come right back to swing on it some more. the thing is, i dont really like having too many pigmen around they are too much of a hastle, more than anything they get in the way of picking items up which can get very irritating after chopping down an entire forest, and you have to feed them ALL at least once every day or so if you want them near you so its not too much fun having them in such large numbers

at the very least i would like a command option to either have them stand still (to be able to have them not join specific fights without just sending them home) or be non aggressive when i need to solo something to keep them from all dying

its just really lame to spend a day to travel to where the pig village is and get back to do some serious tree chopping and have the second tree spawn a tree shepherd and have them all get killed, have to wait a few days for more to respawn

actually, it's possible to build your own pig town, using the pighouses

it's located under the hammer icon and you need to have boards unlocked first, the research requirement at this time eludes me, but having your own army of pigmen respawning at your base is a real boon, though they sorta tend to attack everything.

Just remember, that when your pigs attack the treeguard, the treeguard deaggros you, so if he was chasing you before, he'll leave you alone until he catches you harming the trees again.

I generally prefer to have a few treeguards active on my island, as it facilitates the use of pigmen as poop generators, after which you can lead them to a treeguard to get them killed and you can loot back all the food you had fed them.

Pretty heartless, i'll admit, but every little bit helps, and they respawn each day.

Edited by qwerm