Torches are too good (reasoning and possible fixes)

You know, I think torches are awesome since I can move about at night and gather more material. After playing for around 10 hours, I refined the way went about in the game. At first I used campfires, I didn't feel to courageous after being killed by the night monster. But now I don't even bother with campfires until I want to build a permanent post at some location. With the recent update 'A little rain must fall' campfires have become much more important as the benefits of uncooked food have been nerfed and getting your health back isn't so easy. IMO torches are great, and fine as they are.

Losing durability on hits hmm yeah why not, or add it as part of one of the difficulty options. I guess its damage feels op if you're playing Wolfgang: one hit kill rabbits with torch for example, making it easy to fast switch to torch, kill that fluffy guy, switch back to another item = makes torchlight as a weapon in that particular scenario quite abusive in terms of durability. But we all know that Wolfgang is the incarnation of op abuse in the first place ^^. If not, well... it's not that great of an alternative weapon. I'll admit though, being a minimalist most especially in a new game in the early stages, I'll use the torchlight to delay the prototype of the spear on the first spider nests I find for the silk. Takes a long time though and as a result, it negates the torch's primary purpose when I need it for night exploration and losing extra time since it takes me that longer to take out the nests I find until I hit 20-30 silk compared to doing it straight away with a simple spear.

you know, i think torches are awesome since i can move about at night and gather more material. After playing for around 10 hours, i refined the way went about in the game. At first i used campfires, i didn't feel to courageous after being killed by the night monster. But now i don't even bother with campfires until i want to build a permanent post at some location. With the recent update 'a little rain must fall' campfires have become much more important as the benefits of uncooked food have been nerfed and getting your health back isn't so easy. Imo torches are great, and fine as they are.

this thread is months olddon't necro please

SHINANIGANS.....we should be able to equip torches and pitchforks at the same time so we can chase werewolves around in the dark sporking them with pointy death at will.....or at the very least run from said monsters screaming like little schoolgirls.