Full Moon

I think for the days of the full moon there ought to be at least a chance that it will be clear enough for there to be enough light to keep it from becoming completely dark. Maybe it would extend twilight to nearly midnight on those nights or something or maybe you want to mimic the clouds covering the moon now and then but occasionally let it break through. I don't know, it was just a thought of "hey, I can see fairly well on a clear full moon night, why can't my character?...hmmm, I should suggest that"

For me, I think night should still be the most dangerous time for the player and to that end I would have to say you should need a light source even during a full moon. However, maybe the darkness on the night of a full moon could be less "all consuming darkness" and allow the player the navigate more easily (so long as they have a light source to stay alive from the Grue).

A while back the darkness of night wasn't as pitch black, so I figured an old screenshot would be the best way to suggest how night might appear during a full moon:

post-1142-13764589424621_thumb.jpg

I'm not heavily invested in the idea, but I still think it might be interesting.

I like the idea of making full moon sth. more special. To make it not so easy walking around during full moon without any lightsources the monsters could freak out like the werepiggies. Maybe ghosts spawn on the graveyards and the spiders are more aggresive..

I like the idea of making full moon sth. more special...Maybe ghosts spawn on the graveyards...

A while back someone suggested that during fog (a type of weather being suggested) to have ghosts spawn out of every grave. A similar idea was also suggested for the haunted island biome, as the island would be in a constant fog.

Hmmm, I like that modification, making it to where you can SEE on the nights of the full moon, but it's not enough to prevent the Monster in the Dark if you don't have a torch or miner's hat or something. It would make it easier to navigate, meaning players would be more likely to leave camp at night, which could lead to running into all sorts of things that don't happen on other nights.