Pigmen/Spider much to close together sometimes. [Spoiler?]

I think when spider nests spawn to close to pigmen it provides too much of an easy win. Attacking the nest and walking them to the pigmen to finish off for you provides a very very generous supply of silk and monster meat. With the silk you make a fishing pole find the nearest pond and depending on how fast you found these things you already essentially have an infinite supply of fish/monster meat/silk.

Maybe disable them from spawning too close together? Should have to at least start a pig village near spider nests. Extending the nights required. (Great game, Having way too much fun.)

Try attaching an extractor to the nest and pump silk using buildcraft pip..... oh right, not Minecraft >_<

Why exactly is this a problem? I just grab a log armor, come up to a nest, poke it, kite them and attack them... It's not like you really need a mountain of silk (that as we all know, comes from spider butts). I gotta say, there's *really* not much to do in Don't Starve right now, so hunting spiders is at least some passtime. I'm wondering why people set up complicated automatic farms, actually ;p

It's not really that it's a problem. It's just that it's incredibly efficient. The first map i made the second island had pigs next to spiders. Had a place to settle down for good without researching anything but a fishing pole D: Didn't need any weapons/armor/travel/crock pots/farms. for the 49 days i stayed to unlock new characters. (I did start learning random stuff out of curiosity though.)

Try attaching an extractor to the nest and pump silk using buildcraft pip..... oh right, not Minecraft >_<

Lmao. Well i agree fighting them is pretty easy. Even without armor. But fighting them without risks will take axes for wood. 400 research points for armor and spears. Anyone who is playing is obviously going to unlock everything just for fun. I'm just saying it should be a bit less based on that biome luck to survive your first night and have a place to settle down. Kind of like how they nerfed berries so your survival isn't over first day.