Fishing expanded

I think that fishing is one of the coolest upgrades that have been introduced so far but i think it should be expanded in order to give more deepth to the game. The seas around the islandsncould be used as a resource for fishing and, randomly, seamonsters could spawn to give a further threat to our lives. I also think that building boats could be interesting (think about houseboats) or fire beacons and stuff. the sea takes a lot of place in the map and it's a shame that it just isn't getting used at all. Sunken treasure chests and messages in a bottle among players could be somehing fun. think about writing a message and some other random user getting it...

What do you think about it?

I think that fishing has a lot of promise and that I would love different places to fish and there being different kinds of fishes with unique properties. Your other ideas have been mentioned before, especially in combination with a new beach biome. Imagine exploring the beach and finding a treasure chest (needing certain tools to unlock) or indeed bottles with messages in them washed up on the shore. Anyway, great idea, I hope they become reality.

Well I'm sure there will be more in store for fishing, as it's still very new. In the past I've suggested fishing in underground caverns for albino fish as another option (of course you would first need to have underground caverns...).

I wouldn't mind fishing in the sea, but the question here is whether that's technically feasible, as the sea surrounding the islands is like the spaces between rooms in a dungeon, or simply, "inaccessible space". I think that's one of the reasons why we fish out of those small ponds.

As for beaches, you already know I'm all for that. Beaches have lots of possibilities: message bottles, clams, giant crab monsters, seaweed (washed ashore), turtles, turtle nests (eggs), coconuts (washed ashore), buried treasure chests, and sea shells. As I've played Animal Crossing before, I think I can say that beaches can be filled with interesting things. ;)

As for more things to catch... what I would like is for ponds to be found in places other than swamps (or at least that's where my pond is located). Then, depending on whether it spawned on an open plain, forest, rocky area, or swamp, you should be allowed to either catch a generic fish or an area-specific fish. For example, in a swamp pond you should be able to catch a catfish, while a rocky-area pond might catch you a crab or squid.