And you thought the island was big,

Underground caves.

Introduction of new monsters.

New places to explore.

New plants. Mushrooms, glow in the dark plants, roots, gold mines, possibly bronze items. Or copper, at least.

How about bones? Bones should be equipment as well, weaker than stone, but you can get em off pigs and such.

Also, no lava. Realistically, when have you ever heard of people using lava to survive? Maybe if there were a mountain on the island, you could have obsidian tools. Powerful, but very delicate items. Breaks when used on something hard, but sharper than steel.

So basically, there should be an elevation factor involved. If dungeons are created, this would create new tools needed, like a cage, and then a canary in the cage, to test for poison.

Or if mountains are implemented, there could be goats. And bears. Or mountain lions/pumas/cougars. And this would be where tallbirds can spawn.

You could even have rivers that run downstream. Frankly, water is one of the most essential necessities of life, so I am very surprised that there isn't any source of water from which to drink from. I doubt berries have enough water to sustain a person's thirst.

edit: Oh yeah. Don't forget dinosaurs.

Underground caves.

Introduction of new monsters.

New places to explore.

New plants. Mushrooms, glow in the dark plants, roots, gold mines, possibly bronze items. Or copper, at least.

Underground caverns have been a popular request, but as I've come to understand it depending on how cavern walls or tunnels are handled it could end up creating situations where you're always rotating the camera view in order to properly view objects. Still, I would like to see something like caverns work. And yes, we've suggested the usual: mushrooms (maybe even a poisonous one randomly assigned per game), albino fish, more boulders to mine, iron ore, paths to islands with no land bridges, and the inherent risk of running out of fire/fuel. So, in short, we're in agreeance this would be a good thing.

How about bones? Bones should be equipment as well, weaker than stone, but you can get em off pigs and such.

Yup, yup, yup. I suggested this one too, so I agree with you. It started with me saying that when we kill bunnies, beefalo or pig men bones should be left behind and then either used as a resource or scaring the creature they are associated with. So bunnies spook more easily when confronted by piles of bunny bones.

Also, no lava. Realistically, when have you ever heard of people using lava to survive? Maybe if there were a mountain on the island, you could have obsidian tools. Powerful, but very delicate items. Breaks when used on something hard, but sharper than steel.

Well, no buckets of lava (i.e. Minecraft), but I wouldn't mind an island under volcanic distress, with lava pools/rivers. This topic came up exactly with the mention of obsidian. So, like how flint is found lying around on some islands we suggested that obsidian might litter volcanic islands. But obviously such islands would be more dangerous to traverse... plus who knows what creatures live on those islands... fire dogs? :p

So basically, there should be an elevation factor involved.

I believe elevation would only work via transition/load screen, as the game uses 2.5D terrain.

If dungeons are created, this would create new tools needed, like a cage, and then a canary in the cage, to test for poison.

Mmm... maybe.

Or if mountains are implemented, there could be goats. And bears. Or mountain lions/pumas/cougars. And this would be where tallbirds can spawn.

You could even have rivers that run downstream. Frankly, water is one of the most essential necessities of life, so I am very surprised that there isn't any source of water from which to drink from. I doubt berries have enough water to sustain a person's thirst.

I'm not sure mountains are possible. However I would like to see water sources being useful.

edit: Oh yeah. Don't forget dinosaurs.

Not another island with dinosaurs... :rolleyes: