12 morale 7 dupe rocket with suit exit

Posted (edited)

I decided that my colonization efforts were too slow with the small number of duplicants and I hate shuttling and not being able to take everyone home, so I made myself a rocket that crams in a nature reserve and a great hall within the 10x8 room that should be largely stable with two modes (landed and flight), requiring only minor modifications between the two modes that supports 7 duplicants (9 when landed).

This is my fancy new definitely glitchless rocket design!

image.png.7d1e55c855998a230de088f9cfbae5da.png

Spoiler

Ignore the messed up window on the left, I built this in debug and my mouse slipped and destroyed a rocket window.image.png.64bb30cb2a46980e3af3ab4566b33c7d.png
image.png.cb477672fabca92bfbcaa1e0e08941fe.png

image.png.b83cf4c0c72c7de366ba69849efc2677.png

This rocket achieves the goal by using wild planted dashasalt vines with one of them buried as well as a floating park sign.   I also buried the bottom tile of the pneumatic door so that the dupes can get from the bottom level to the top level.  I used the aerogel trick using pipe plumbing to create all the natural tiles except the one on the pneumatic door, where I had to use the hydroponic tile trick, as apparently bottles will not spawn on pneumatic doors when created by plumbing pipes.

When in space, the dupes sleep on the floor and don't wash their hands.  I will attempt to make a schedule where they use the bathroom significantly before eating so that the radiation can kill the germs.

When landed, my dupes will build a bathroom outside the rocket and will replace the interior bathroom with a gas pump, controlled by the CO2 element sensor above the pneumatic door. 

Spoiler

image.png.e1097cd39ba2cd34816657e372b1014c.png

image.png.7a62681eca0ea5ed74183bf5b1a113e6.png

In this configuration, this can operate as a 12 morale mini-base permanently (assuming oxygen and food can be provided).  When landed, the rocket control station can be removed and replaced with two more mess tables, allowing for theoretically 9 dupes to get 12 morale from this rocket interior if you can set it up so that the atmosuit dock can be disabled.

Food should be non-spoiling and should be stored in the lower level of the rocket so that the dupes regularly enter the nature reserve to get their food.

The only real flaw in this design is the incidental CO2 trap in the upper chamber and the fact that the rocket needs any re-configuring.  I tried putting a smog slug in, but it wouldn't connect to pipes and eventually vacuumed out the bottom chamber. 

Edited by Zarquan
  • Like 4
  • Sanity 1

On 5/1/2024 at 10:07 PM, Zarquan said:

When in space, the dupes sleep on the floor and don't wash their hands.  I will attempt to make a schedule where they use the bathroom significantly before eating so that the radiation can kill the germs.

From what I can tell it doesn't matter, as long as the germs have been removed from the food when the final gram is eaten there is no food poisoning risk.

• Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I launched the rocket and found the germs were not an issue.  It was nice seeing the high morale on the new asteroids I landed on.  With less-good designs, it was always "Yay, we landed on a brave new world, but WHERE ARE MY AMENITIES!?!?", then they start breaking stuff.

Edited by Zarquan

Dear @Zarquan, I just wanted to tell you that if it weren't for you I wouldn't be playing this game again. There are many, many great contributors to my interest in this game, but you are the first that comes to my mind.

So yeah, I'm building a geotuned niobium tamer with a Zarquan pump and the lucky builders that will have the honor of building it, also the (un)lucky scientists that will have the honor of overseeing it, are going there with a modified version of this rocket. Because.. Natural tiles mod.

Thanks, again!

• Like 2