A simple Winona idea

Allow repairing armor (for example only basic armor, that requires either science or alchemy) using trusty tape. Said armor would turn into "Repaired log suit" or "Repaired football helmet" and would have efficiency based on the durability - 50% efficiency at 0% durability.

As an example:
0% Reparied football helmet would have 40% damage reduction.
50% Repaired grass suit would have 45% damage reduction.

• Like 2

Repairing armor is already in the game with Brightshade and Shadow, as well as Dreadstone. I think adding a repair function to all armors defeats the purpose of getting to these mid-late game armors, as well and reducing one of the major points of the game which is collecting and using resources.

1 hour ago, QuillVest said:

Repairing armor is already in the game with Brightshade and Shadow, as well as Dreadstone. I think adding a repair function to all armors defeats the purpose of getting to these mid-late game armors, as well and reducing one of the major points of the game which is collecting and using resources.

If the repair function is sololy locked behind winona it would be good. Skilltrees all sort of act like tutorials for the game's mechanics. Winona needs a powerful ability that only she can do.

I would think the repair mechanic should be simple to start with. You have to repair gear before it breaks like the shield of terror and thats that.

However further down the skill tree it would be cool to upgrade lower tier weapons/armour to dark sword or even planar weapon strength. That way you can use a spear for its skins in the late game. Or upgrading the morning star to do planar damage or upgrading the three tail whip to do proper consistent AoE damage.

2 hours ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

Allow repairing armor (for example only basic armor, that requires either science or alchemy) using trusty tape. Said armor would turn into "Repaired log suit" or "Repaired football helmet" and would have efficiency based on the durability - 50% efficiency at 0% durability.

As an example:
0% Reparied football helmet would have 40% damage reduction.
50% Repaired grass suit would have 45% damage reduction.

Too weak. Make it that the armour can only be repaired once but has max efficency.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, QuillVest said:

And also eye mask.

However:

1. Dreadstone is 200% more effective than football helmet.
  2. Brightshade helmet protects from moon storm, sand storm, gestalts, darkness, planar damage, and buffs weapons.
  3. Shadow hat lacks purpose already.
  4. The eye mask is disgusting, ugly, and I do not want to wear that thing. 

Character exclusive repair kits for Winona is something I suggested before and I still think are a good perk for her. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, QuillVest said:

That's exactly why i suggested this for her. Because the repairing mechanic is already in the game in many flavors, it wouldn't be op if only she got it and picking another character  wouldn't gate you from such a mechanic. It would be just a nice qol for her.

20 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Too weak. Make it that the armour can only be repaired once but has max efficency.

That is another possibility yeah. I still would prefer my idea though. I would want her to bring her trusty tapes on all her adventures and use them reactively and often to multiple situations (like in this case, taking damage), rather than her coming to base every once in a while and repairing all the almost broken armors.
If you think it is way too weak, it is possible to tweak the numbers (for example, instead of going to half the reduction, you go to double the damage - instead of going from 80% => 40%, you go from 80% => 60%). All that said, i still like your suggestion too.

• Like 1