Unable to connect accounts

I'm having difficulty connecting my Playstation account and my steam account to link them. It's for Don't Starve Together, been playing that game a very long time on Playstation and recently got it on steam too play with PC friends. Was told I could connect the accounts but I've been having difficulty. 

I connected the Playstation account fine, but it's not allowing me to register the email (same email for both)  on my Steam account. I log into it through klei, have the verification email sent, click on it, and UT just days "session expired, you need to log in again" or something like that. Tried logging out of all my stuff and logging in, nothing.

Stumped on why this isn't working and hoping this forum will help. Also hoping this is the right place to come to this, tried customer support through email but it's been a couple weeks so thought I'd try this!

• Developer

Sorry about that, the account merging code is a little delicate and the person who wrote it isn't here anymore.

Try incogito mode, that should help a bit. From one of the other devs on my team:

"They should try in incognito and also make sure that when they click the verification email, they are already logged in to their Steam account in KleiAccounts. The verification currently requires that the KU in the verification link matches your session KU (which I kind of don't like, because this is not the first person who's had an issue with this)"

A rework of how the merging feature works is on our todo list but no promises when we'll get to it.

• Like 1

Gave incognito mode a shot and made sure I was signed in to steam on klei account, same thing as before sadly. 

"Session has expired, you have to log in once again."

• Developer

Hi @Sparkbug, the email verification link does expire after 24 hours so I suggest going through the whole verification flow again by doing the following:

• Open an incognito browser and log in to your Klei account that is linked with your Steam.
  • On the main account page, under your email, click the "VERIFY EMAIL" button (shown in the image below) to receive a new verification link.
  • Go to your email inbox in the same browser, and click the latest verification link that you received. 

If this still doesn't work, please feel free to DM me your Klei User ID so I can assist you further!

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 3.46.20 PM.png

This solution worked! I responded to the verification email and sent it both through incognito tabs. I'm glad I went to this forum, I'd have never figured out the hoops to jump through to do this without help. Thank you!