Thanks Klei for tackling lureplant/spiderden boss blocking bug.

Just now, grm9 said:

wrong, you can do it with only armor, weapon, healing, sanity food and insanity food

You can but you need to walk ancient fuelweaver around the arena, its like taking your big shadow demon dog for a walk :wilsoalmostangelic: (ridiculous strat tbh haha)

Grm9 you need to think like a dev not like a elite dst player. Klei needs to redo the fight so its more accessible for the majority of dst players to win without the need to cheese.

• Health 1

28 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Klei needs to redo the fight so its more accessible for the majority of dst players to win without the need to cheese

you can already do it practically 1st try with brightshade staff and lazy explorer, no need to ruin the fun of people that used cheese and the fun of people that currently like FW 

Just now, grm9 said:

you can already do it practically 1st try with brightshade staff and lazy explorer, no need to ruin the fun of people that used cheese and the fun of people that currently like FW 

Yeah brightshade staff is probably the best non-cheese way to kill him. But thats gated behind the other end-game boss. Thats the opposite of accessible. CC quest line is longer than FW! 

How is cheese fun? How is it fun to completely disable a boss and its mechanics? Plus if i was a dev, imagine me putting all this effort into creating a boss fight and 90% of people break it with bugs. My pride/spite would kick in at this point and i would wanna patch it. (Unless klei devs have lost passion for DST and its now just one of them do bare minimum work for money jobs)

• Sad 1
  • GL Happy 1

9 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Yeah brightshade staff is probably the best non-cheese way to kill him. But thats gated behind the other end-game boss. Thats the opposite of accessible. CC quest line is longer than FW! 

that makes it so you can do the fight by not learning anything and countering it with items that you need to spend time getting or get better at doing the fight and do it early with minimal preparation 

How is cheese fun? How is it fun to completely disable a boss and its mechanics?

people do that to access whatever happens after the boss dies

90% of people

wrong

My pride/spite

get rid of them then

Edited by grm9

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

You are completely correct ofc i post for ego why else would anyone post here? :wilsoalmostangelic:

Doesnt make me wrong. If a newbie needs to cheese to kill a boss because either the fight itself is tedious (toadstool) or requires lots of equipment juggling which is hard to do on console/controllers (ancient fuelweaver) then that boss needs a overhaul. 

I want klei to improve the game in a way that i like. I am being 100% selfish in my posts and what i want klei to change but that doesn't mean you can just dismiss my points because of my bias.

I try to present my selfish suggestions from a logical position. :wilsoalmostangelic:

More bs comming right up. How did lureplant fix improved the game in a way you like? If you don't use lureplant cheese, litteraly nothing changed from your point of view. So what are your points that i can't dismiss? You have none. 

All that changed is some people got upset because their strategy got removed. This is what you are so happy about? woke dst player. 

2 minutes ago, grm9 said:

that makes it so you can do the fight by not learning anything and countering it with items that you need to spend time getting or get better at doing the fight and do it early with minimal preparation

On pc the fight isnt that bad because you have such great accuracy and speed with the mouse for using weather pains however its a nightmare on controllers/console to the point its really not fun at all. 

The ability to freeze ancient fuelweaver causing his cooldown on his actions to pause would be a good start for giving more options for the fight.

9 minutes ago, grm9 said:

get rid of them then

I hope Klei does rid as many bugs as they can!

• Like 1

Just now, Gashzer said:

its a nightmare on controllers/console to the point its really not fun at all. 

Everything is a nightmare on console. Do people not have PC in 2024? I don't get why anyone would torture themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1

On pc the fight isnt that bad because you have such great accuracy and speed with the mouse for using weather pains however its a nightmare on controllers/console to the point its really not fun at all

they already added some stuff to make it easier on console and you can still do it without weather pains on console

The ability to freeze ancient fuelweaver causing his cooldown on his actions to pause would be a good start for giving more options for the fight

that'd make the fight too easy and there are already enough options, e.g. bramble husk, abigail, weather pains, brightshade staff, thurible, luring FW away from woven shadows, lazy explorer, soul hopping out of the arena, nightmare amulet, bone helm, going far enough away from FW and without woven shadows close to the way you went for FW to not reach you nor woven shadows during mind control, lazy explorer, soul hopping, dodging the bone cage

Edited by grm9

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

More bs comming right up. How did lureplant fix improved the game in a way you like? If you don't use lureplant cheese, litteraly nothing changed from your point of view. So what are your points that i can't dismiss? You have none. 

All that changed is some people got upset because their strategy got removed. This is what you are so happy about? woke dst player. 

Its the start of a chain reaction for the game to eventually get updated to my liking. Heres the steps for me gettin what i want which is to rework FW

1. Complain about blocking bugs to bring awareness to klei even tho i dont use them others do.
  2. Bug gets removed, people that do depend on bugs now also start complaining about FW which creates more pressure on Klei.
  3. klei ofc are not gonna reintroduce a bug back into their game since that would show a very large level of professional incompetence on their part by not solving the problem in a creative manner. 
  4. Klei hence rework ancient fuelweaver into a much more enjoyable fight using their awesome creativity.
  5. Queen takes King, checkmate! I win and you guys did great as my pawns :wilsoalmostangelic:
Edited by Gashzer
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

I just want you to answer for me why DreadStone walls which are significantly harder to obtain and super super late game, can be more easily destroyed then a naturally spawning plant that spawns by itself every spring season?

If any plant should be indestructible, it’s the Brightshades sprayed with the new Freezing Spritz, not an easy to obtain early game weaker plant. Lol..

• Sanity 1
  • Potato Cup 1

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just want you to answer for me why DreadStone walls which are significantly harder to obtain and super super late game, can be more easily destroyed then a naturally spawning plant that spawns by itself every spring season?

If any plant should be indestructible, it’s the Brightshades sprayed with the new Freezing Spritz, not an easy to obtain early game weaker plant. Lol..

Because lureplant is a mob not a structure, and this is a game that has no logic nor should it, Mike. 

While we're at it you are the infamous console dst enjoyer, would you mind telling me why haven't you switched to PC yet? 

10 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Its the start of a chain reaction for the game to eventually get updated to my liking. Heres the steps for me gettin what i want which is to rework FW

1. Complain about blocking bugs to bring awareness to klei even tho i dont use them others do.
  2. Bug gets removed, people that do depend on bugs now also starting complaining about FW which creates more pressure on Klei.
  3. klei ofc are not gonna reintroduce a bug back into their game since that would show a very large level of professional incompetence on their part by not solving the problem in a creative manner. 
  4. Klei hence rework ancient fuelweaver into a much more enjoyable fight using their awesome creativity.
  5. Queen takes King, checkmate! I win and you guys did great as my pawns :wilsoalmostangelic:

Yeah, that's not happening. The best boss in the entire game will not get reworked.

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1