Add Wagstaff as a playable character for beating DST

Wagstaff is a terrible guy.

He placed a man's conciousness into a robot and sent him to hell when he got mad at him.

He had the survivors fight a celestial doohickey god only to steal it's energy.

He's apparently capable of making an escape for himself and survivors, yet he simply does not care.

I think a fitting end to this mad scientist would be having him have to struggle like others have (a paralell to maxwell.)

I don't know how the lunar stuff would work, maybe it would be like an old system eternally repeating it's directive? (AI Wagstaff)

All of this only applies if DST even HAS an end.

Edited by marshyds
  • Like 1

DST has no end. It's a sandbox, endless adventure same for singleplayer which technically has an "end" but it doesn't literally end as you're still stuck, just in different person's skin.

To be fair, since Charlie and Wagstaff are already implemented as characters that are there for story progression and having purpose to appearing to specific events in the world happening or reoccuring ones like wagstaff's workshops I don't wanna see personally Wag as a playable character as it would make no sense and would kinda ruin the immersion.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

To be fair, since Charlie and Wagstaff are already implemented as characters that are there for story progression and having purpose to appearing to specific events in the world happening or reoccuring ones like wagstaff's workshops I don't wanna see personally Wag as a playable character as it would make no sense and would kinda ruin the immersion

Yeah the biggest issue with adding those two as playable characters is how important they are in the story.

In SP, all maxwell did was say "hah you're ******", and then only appears in adventure mode.

And when you play as maxwell all that changes is that the intro is different.