Embalming Spritz on flowers

The whole point of the embalming spritz is for decoration and I think it'd be useful if you could also use it on flowers. They'd loose the ability to spawn butterflies and pollination, but to have the ability to be picked or dug up for transportive use. 

• Like 11

As long as there can be a clear distinction between unpluck-able purely decorative flowers, and functional ones Wendy might need for Sisturn fuel.. sure?

but I think that was kinda the entire point of the pots to store the flowers in on display wasnt it? Even the Sawhorse thing added a vase for placing the plants inside.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Wavey 1

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

but I think that was kinda the entire point of the pots to store the flowers in on display wasnt it? Even the Sawhorse thing added a vase for placing the plants inside.

I personally like to plant them on grass and make designs. I've tried having a bunch of pots to make a garden but it never had a good effect. 

31 minutes ago, JeezSorry said:

I personally like to plant them on grass and make designs. I've tried having a bunch of pots to make a garden but it never had a good effect. 

That’s understandable, but there still needs to be a way to distinguish between Functional, and Purely Decorative.

To me personally it feels like Klei is trying to add a “Creative Mode” into DST without actually just making a Creative Mode.

Frozen Items/Foods/Trees/Resources need to give the players a clear indication that it’s not “real” or functional anymore.

Like for example something as simple as changing the text over “Flower” to something like “Decorative Flower” and when the player examines it- it’ll have a quote saying “It’s just for Decoration”

Something that prevents skilled players from trolling late-joiners by going around the map and “freezing” resources in a state you can no longer interact with them in.

Cant you only imagine how confusing that would be?!

• Wavey 1

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Like for example something as simple as changing the text over “Flower” to something like “Decorative Flower”

Things sprayed with the Embalming spritz still have the the prefix scared stiff

Edited by gamehun20
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s understandable, but there still needs to be a way to distinguish between Functional, and Purely Decorative.

To me personally it feels like Klei is trying to add a “Creative Mode” into DST without actually just making a Creative Mode.

Frozen Items/Foods/Trees/Resources need to give the players a clear indication that it’s not “real” or functional anymore.

Like for example something as simple as changing the text over “Flower” to something like “Decorative Flower” and when the player examines it- it’ll have a quote saying “It’s just for Decoration”

Something that prevents skilled players from trolling late-joiners by going around the map and “freezing” resources in a state you can no longer interact with them in.

Cant you only imagine how confusing that would be?!

Well I mean, when you freeze things their name is labeled with "Stiff" and trying to click on the will give no response to picking them, so there is some indication.

And I don't see many "Skilled players" freezing stuff out of the blue with the cost of this item, and the fact that it would just waste resources. If you were to do that it would be just a little joke of anything.