I’m having minor issues with playing Wes (AKA BUGS)

Every. Single. Time. I sit on a wooden chair of any kind or any wooden stool, go to the side camera angle, and wear any other hat (bone helm, straw hat, tam o shanter , etc..) and inspect items, Wes keeps going bald, I’ve made 3 or 4 reports about it and I can’t do anything about it. My OCD is literally killing me with this visual bug, especially since I major in building in DST. 

Im being serious right now! I play a lot of DST so much, every time I see bald Wes, it’s nit even funny anymore. I could be overreacting or something, but it is really annoying.

Spoiler

Wes’ idle animation actually makes sound when the balloon is blown and popped. 

Edited by Trontar
  • Like 2

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a long-lasting disorder in which a person experiences uncontrollable and recurring thoughts (obsessions), engages in repetitive behaviors (compulsions), or both. People with OCD have time-consuming symptoms that can cause significant distress or interfere with daily life.

it is different to what you think.

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Thanks 1

Also, klei can help via the bugtracker.

4 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Making fun of mental illnesses isn't cool.

Also a little late, but they aren't making fun of it. OCD has somehow evolved into some sort of slang for when anyone is annoyed by something small. I am not saying this slang is a good thing or it should exist, but there is no bad intent from this person, they are not trying to make fun if people with OCD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Also a little late, but they aren't making fun of it. OCD has somehow evolved into some sort of slang for when anyone is annoyed by something small. I am not saying this slang is a good thing or it should exist, but there is no bad intent from this person, they are not trying to make fun if people with OCD.

I don't think they're intending to make fun of it, but they are making fun of it. It's like calling yourself the R word when you do something a little stupid. People who do that aren't intending to mock disabled people and think it's okay to do since all the people around them have been doing it, but they are being inadvertently offensive. 

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 4

ty cheggf and jake, i actually have ocd and it's nice to see people willing to dispell the stigma
anyways, the bug reports might have slipped under klei's radar or they're going to fix it later.
this thread might actually get someone to look at the visuals, but i don't really know.
try to wait for a while and make another report or contact someone if it doesn't get fixed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maxposting said:

ty cheggf and jake, i actually have ocd and it's nice to see people willing to dispell the stigma

Yes, OCD is terrible. When I go to make a cup of coffee in the morning I wash my hands because they're dirty. Then I open the cupboard to get a cup, and I wash the cup as well as my hands because I touched the cupboard. I pour the coffee out of the pot into the cup, then I wash my hands because I touched the coffee pot. I open the fridge to pour some cream out, and I wash my hands because I opened the fridge. Then I pour some sugar, and I wash my hands, and I get a spoon to stir the coffee, and I wash my hands and the spoon.

I need to use lotion to hydrate my hands because constantly washing them dries them out, I spend a fortune on paper towels because I can't use normal ones, and I carry hand sanitizer with me whenever I go out. OCD isn't this cute thing someone has when they get slightly annoyed by things being unorganized or aesthetically unpleasing, that's just what happens with everyone. 

• Big Ups 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2024 at 6:00 AM, Jakepeng99 said:

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a long-lasting disorder in which a person experiences uncontrollable and recurring thoughts (obsessions), engages in repetitive behaviors (compulsions), or both. People with OCD have time-consuming symptoms that can cause significant distress or interfere with daily life.

it is different to what you think.

Wow, this illness’ meaning did NOT age well. Sorry for setting a bad example of the meaning/ term. Although I did not try to intend to make fun of it, I still was wrong, and obviously misused it also.(How did this go from obsessive or compulsive to hating disorganization? )

Edited by Trontar
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Trontar said:

Wow, this illness’ meaning did NOT age well. Sorry for setting a bad example of the meaning/ term. Although I did not try to intend to make fun of it, I still was wrong, and obviously misused it also.(How did this go from obsessive or compulsive to hating disorganization? )

Idk it is so weird. Fun fact: The r slur used to be a medical term just for being slow.

• Like 1