Game crashing when loading older save - "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Hi,

First time user of the forum so I hope I'm posting in the correct section.

So after not having played ONI for a few months, I'm trying to load my last save but get an error message every time, forcing me to restart the game.

I have attached my log, hoping it will help.

Back then I was using 3 mods and I have tried to load that save with all mods active and inactive but it makes no difference.

I'm really hoping this colony can be saved as it is the first one I'd managed to do something half decent with.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Player.log

Edited by Nox_MD

No Drop hasn't been updated in a while, does it still work? Can you create a new colony with it enabled?

Just in case, Install mod updater so it forces to update any outdated mods (this happens quite often unfortunately, hence the need of said mod).

17 hours ago, Nox_MD said:

Back then I was using 3 mods and I have tried to load that save

Would you be willing to load that save so someone can check if there is a way to load it without crashing? Or you could make a bug report  and attach the save file along with the player log after crashing so a dev can take a look at it

Hey,

Thanks for your replies.

3 hours ago, melquiades said:

No Drop hasn't been updated in a while, does it still work? Can you create a new colony with it enabled?

Just in case, Install mod updater so it forces to update any outdated mods (this happens quite often unfortunately, hence the need of said mod).

I have managed to create a new colony indeed. I'll still try to install mod updater though, thanks.

2 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Would you be willing to load that save so someone can check if there is a way to load it without crashing? Or you could make a bug report  and attach the save file along with the player log after crashing so a dev can take a look at it

By loading the save, do you mean sharing it here for someone else to try to load it? Here it is.

I did consider making a bug report but decided not to as I figured this was probably not an issue with the game per se but rather with my install and the mods I used. But maybe this also falls under the "bug" category.

Great Colony chamber Cycle 302.sav

2 hours ago, Nox_MD said:

I did consider making a bug report but decided not to

Yeah... sorry. It seems that the mod No drop is either broken or has a bug and it doesn't let the game load. Deactivating mods should let the game load though. I still think you should make a bug report in case something can be done by the devs so the game doesn't crash like that after deactivating a mod or in case it's a bug of the game itself that causes the crash and the mod isn't responsible for it

4 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Yeah... sorry. It seems that the mod No drop is either broken or has a bug and it doesn't let the game load. Deactivating mods should let the game load though. I still think you should make a bug report in case something can be done by the devs so the game doesn't crash like that after deactivating a mod or in case it's a bug of the game itself that causes the crash and the mod isn't responsible for it

Okay, will do. Thanks.

And so you're saying I should kiss that save goodbye? :hurt:

• Sad 1