Flower power could be more intuitive

I like the change of increasing the blooming power of fertilizers, it's good on paper.

In practice however one of the biggest weaknesses is the inability of keeping track of where on the "bloom meter" you are. 

One of the biggest strengths of the old flower power, for those that used it, is that not much thinking goes into it. You turn back to stage 2 and reapply. However without any tells you will need to do math and scheduling of applications in order to make the most of the 30% (going from stage 2 to 3 with the old flower power gave more bloom I think so possibly a net loss if you're not maintaining stage 3. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

All we need is a quick reminder from worm that he only has half a day of stage 3 left or something. 

"Bloomy almost gone"

Edit:

Going from stage 2-3 (old flower power)

720 blooming (2160-1440, 1440 being the baseline blooming gained without the perk. 2160 being the improved initial blooming.)

Using super growth formula in stage 3 (new flower power)

312 blooming (240x1.30)

TL;Dr

I rushed this math out so correct me if I'm wrong. My point is the 30% is best used to maintain stage 3 rather than the back and forth before, but it's hard to tell when you're almost out of stage 3.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 7

I hadn't even thought of this because I use the bloom meter mod. Yes, if you had this perk prior to this buff, it increased your stage 3 meter capacity and still set it to half full, so you ended up with more bloom. So for a lot of players not using such a mod (especially if they can't, because console), this is actually kind of a downgrade.

Edited by Faintly Macabre
Not double, increase
  • Like 2

I do want to offer one silver lining, though there's no way to test it until the beta is out.

The increase to fertilizer power could offer new synergy between growth spurt 1/2, who reduce the required cap to reach the next stage.

An increase in fertilizer power means this new cap is reached faster! Maybe...

Something people seem to be mislead by a lot is how Klei receives feedback. They would much rather come to a solution themselves rather than be given one. 

I mean they still read the suggestions part of the forum, but unless a developer is inspired by your idea or it coincides with something they themselves have thought of it's not going to get added (which is a very low chance). They even have a motto at Klei to try things out and if it doesn't "hit it's mark" THEN use feedback to smooth out whatever was implemented. I can respect that.

This post is deliberate in presenting a problem, not a solution. If you agree there is a problem please like this post so they know it's not just a minor one.

Thanks community 

:wilson_flower:

• Like 1