Current late game is flawed

2 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Name me a hard to get equipment in this game.

Flint on populated public servers

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Name me a hard to get equipment in this game. Ruins loot is not it, everyone be doing sciencless rush these days. 

Still harder than mine some boulders and kill a predictably stationary mob and limited until you dupe thulecite via green gems from DF or doing the fw quest

4 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Flint on populated public servers

unironicaly so true, sometimes when i feel like joining random puplic servers and see its on day 10, i WAIT for it to become day 11 so i get 1 free flint, and 5 sticks and grass i guess too

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

What

I disagree with that a bit. A lot of the very strong items could be looted in the ruins. In just one trip, you can get:

• The strongest head slot armor pre rifts
  • One of the strongest body armors pre rifts
  • A consistent 20% speed buff and light chest slot item
  • The best "semi" portable light/heat source in the game
  • The ability to duplicate materials and/or craft rare items at half the cost

The game has always had a bit of an imbalance when it came to "strong" items. Take the weaver, for example. You get the actual best body armor in the game, an extremely good nightmare fuel/insanity source that will only break if you take enough damage, and a thurible to do various things with the other 2 skeletons, along with making the fight with the boss you just killed much easier, all from the same boss. By comparison, Misery toad at best gave you the blueprint for napsacks, which it's main use is using as a dupe material to make mushlights which up until CC could only be reliably powered with festive lights from winters feast.

I will say that I do agree from all of this that the brightshade helm is a bit silly, but it is important to remember that until the QOL that added repair kits it and the rest of the brightshade/shadow sets were almost useless in a post CC world. It was more reliable to use pre rift gear for most content and only use the new gear for the planar content, which felt a bit backwards. If you want my cents on the matter, I would probably take away the gestalt immunity perk from the helm (since the crown does that) and keep the armor having the perk, so it stood out a bit more. In addition, making it so the void cowl had another secondary perk aside from just buffing the reaper would also be very nice.

I mean if you want to spend 90 seconds standing under a tree and not doing anything productive, then you can do that. For the most part though, you likely are still gonna want counters to it to plan ahead if you wanna continue doing survival things without getting interrupted all the time, and in the endgame that is the last thing you want to be concerned about.

Would this really improve things? Why do you want fences and walls of all things to be broken??? This doesn't impose anything "hard", and only serves to add destruction for the purpose of adding a counter to stop the mechanic you just added from working in the first place. Klei rarely does things like that. The pillars they added, for instance, apart from stopping the shadow rift boulders, also just outright stop earthquakes, and those are also obtainable pre rifts. It's a great way to stop an early threat and a later threat simultaneously.

Also yes, Klei does care about base builders, even post rifts. Do you really want another scenario where a streamer like Glermz saves an album of unfair base destruction from lunar rifts because they were spawning inside of his base?

11 hours ago, goblinball said:

…isn’t this how progression is supposed to work?

you kill an enemy, get their loot, become stronger, and now they’re easier to kill. That’s how these things work. I don’t see the problem here.

I am 100% sure that both of you are maybe a bit biased, but w/e.

If you're not seeing these as issues, then an argument to comply literally doesn't exist. I just want you guys to consider how I feel about these perceived problems, and it hurts me.. Specially the inconsistency with skill trees for an example.

I am not going to try to make you agree with me anymore (because of the current idea of discussions being more positive), I just want you guys to understand that I don't like that the brightshade gear has an upside too big compared to the downsides of it, like lunar hail for example.

I like to conquer things in the game, not receive them like donations from a lunar being.