Thank you for 'Mad Science'!

I appreciate the stream today, and I LOVED the art and concepts! Admittedly the 'Wagpunk' aesthetic wasn't really hitting it for me in the last few updates but the art shown off in the stream through concepts and in-game were really fun to see! 

It's reminding me a lot of the VERY very old concepts with mad science being a big part of the game originally meant to have been added as part of Reign of Giants. (This was cut out to make development time and to flesh out the new seasons/bosses/biomes properly, you can read more on it here in this old blog chat type post!)

Spoiler

That's all I mostly wanted to say! I'm glad the updates aren't just going full in on the magical aspects of Don't Starve and the silly science is being a big part of it too. I imagine the folks at Klei have been referencing old concepts as they always do.

One thing that I remember in particular as an old idea part of the Mad Science concepts was there would be a bot to pick up structures and move them around. After they scrapped the mad science they originally concepted up Glommer to move this mechanic on to! That never came to be even in the form of Glommer. So I think it would be quite fun to have a return to that old old concept and bring it to new light as a nice QoL in the late game to move around structures rather than having to destroy and rebuild.

Cheers!

• Like 11

9 hours ago, -Nick- said:

I would love for the scrapped tesla trees to make a return!

Always wanted them, they are a reference to the Hyperion cantos which is one of my favourite scifi books. Was sad to see the tesla biome scrapped except for the volt goats

• Like 1

14 hours ago, -Nick- said:

I would love for the scrapped tesla trees to make a return!

Bro, i love tesla trees soooo much
I'm always making tesla trees forests when I use The Architect Pack :wilson_love:

something like that

a.png

• Like 2