2024 First Wishlist

1 hour ago, Habakkuk said:

Just imagine coffee + beefalo

they wouldn't stack, iirc they don't in DS, since player speedboosts don't get applied to beefalo and they probably wouldn't eat coffee

• Like 2

On 2/5/2024 at 9:42 PM, Habakkuk said:

The big problem is the navigation system, in shipwrecked those mobs would be no threat.  

As if Klei would improve the navigation system rather than putting out more character updates and late game """challenge"""

44 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

sure pirate monkeys and RockJaw exist, but you literally have to go out of your way to even find them.

They do, monkeys literally spawn and come after you.

As for rock jaws, because I'm looking for specific types of fish, I despawn the fish shoals by going away from them, so more can spawn. Rock jaws spawn at a chance whenever a shoal of fish spawns, which means they spawn rather quickly for me, then eat all the fish I'm going to fish up.

Honestly DST fishing is terrible, they're not worth it as food source, nor do they provide a relaxed experience.

53 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

What NEEDED to be changed was their health, lower it to match a hound wave, reduce the amount of monkeys that spawn to attempt to attack you, and maybe change the cursed necklaces so that every single monkey you kill doesn’t give you a cursed charm turning you into Wonkey.

Doesn't matter, as long as fishing forces you stand still and do nothing, changing the frequency or health doesn't solve the issue. Your fishing would still be interrupted, you lose fish&baits, having to wait another 10 minutes for a specific fish.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, _zwb said:

As if Klei would improve the navigation system rather than putting out more character updates and late game """challenge"""

They do, monkeys literally spawn and come after you.

As for rock jaws, because I'm looking for specific types of fish, I despawn the fish shoals by going away from them, so more can spawn. Rock jaws spawn at a chance whenever a shoal of fish spawns, which means they spawn rather quickly for me, then eat all the fish I'm going to fish up.

Honestly DST fishing is terrible, they're not worth it as food source, nor do they provide a relaxed experience.

Doesn't matter, as long as fishing forces you stand still and do nothing, changing the frequency or health doesn't solve the issue. Your fishing would still be interrupted, you lose fish&baits, having to wait another 10 minutes for a specific fish.

But, pirate monkeys only come after you, if you are near to their moon quay island right? And I don’t just mean near.. you have to be really really close to finding it to get monkey pirates to spawn.

Otherwise they don’t seem to just randomly spawn out on the ocean waters, unless you may have used a hostile flare?

• Like 1

This is going to sound highly controversial and many people are going to disagree with me, but the #1 thing I would like to see done with DST is to add a sort of “Creative Mode” I mean- Give players full and complete freedom to place resources wherever they like on the map.

Trees, Mobs, types of Turfs, etc… Similar to how you can build your own maps in Fortnites Creative mode.

DST has a TON of content, mobs, types of turfs, tree types etc.. 

Yes I could totally go buy a PC and learn how to mod unofficial crap into the game, but… that’s not what I’m asking for.

I want something similar to how you could build your own maps in Battleblock Theatre or Fallguys, play test them to make sure they work- And then publish them to an online server for others to download & play.

Games like FarCry 5 for example, had this with its “Arcade” mode experience.

And something like this skyrockets a games play value through the roof.

Im no noob when it comes to being able to design maps & game modes, once a game actually has a creative mode that lets me do that.

Ive recreated entire skatepark maps in old Tony Hawk games using only the parts the game had available to use to faithfully recreate versions of previous games levels.

I’ve turned Fortnite into State of Decay 2 by changing various settings, placing structures and resources to create a map that looks and feels like it belongs in SoD.

In my other thread why I feel boss fights are bad, I even go the extra length to showcase how entire biomes could be made using only the animations/resources/turfs/trees etc that exist within the game already.

The only thing I really need now- is an actual “Creative Mode” without needing to buy a PC and taking a bunch of computer classes & learning how to mod.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2024 at 7:44 PM, SapoLover said:

If I remember correctly, Klei actually asked us to tell them what items polly and lazy forager shouldn't pick.

I did not know about that. I wonder why people asked for that.

Edited by Habakkuk

On 2/6/2024 at 7:02 PM, Mike23Ua said:

If pirate monkeys actually invaded you like they should, perhaps as sort of an at sea hound wave- They could come from the direction of Moon Quay island, which would “Eventually” help the players to find what is currently a Needle within a Hay, or should I say “Seastack”?

Very good idea. 

On 2/6/2024 at 8:15 PM, Mike23Ua said:

But, pirate monkeys only come after you, if you are near to their moon quay island right? And I don’t just mean near.. you have to be really really close to finding it to get monkey pirates to spawn.

Otherwise they don’t seem to just randomly spawn out on the ocean waters, unless you may have used a hostile flare?

They can go far, once I was very very far from their island and they appeared in the middle of the night., in my harbor. 

On 2/8/2024 at 5:44 PM, Mike23Ua said:

This is going to sound highly controversial and many people are going to disagree with me, but the #1 thing I would like to see done with DST is to add a sort of “Creative Mode” I mean- Give players full and complete freedom to place resources wherever they like on the map.

Trees, Mobs, types of Turfs, etc… Similar to how you can build your own maps in Fortnites Creative mode.

DST has a TON of content, mobs, types of turfs, tree types etc.. 

Yes I could totally go buy a PC and learn how to mod unofficial crap into the game, but… that’s not what I’m asking for.

I want something similar to how you could build your own maps in Battleblock Theatre or Fallguys, play test them to make sure they work- And then publish them to an online server for others to download & play.

Games like FarCry 5 for example, had this with its “Arcade” mode experience.

And something like this skyrockets a games play value through the roof.

Im no noob when it comes to being able to design maps & game modes, once a game actually has a creative mode that lets me do that.

Ive recreated entire skatepark maps in old Tony Hawk games using only the parts the game had available to use to faithfully recreate versions of previous games levels.

I’ve turned Fortnite into State of Decay 2 by changing various settings, placing structures and resources to create a map that looks and feels like it belongs in SoD.

In my other thread why I feel boss fights are bad, I even go the extra length to showcase how entire biomes could be made using only the animations/resources/turfs/trees etc that exist within the game already.

The only thing I really need now- is an actual “Creative Mode” without needing to buy a PC and taking a bunch of computer classes & learning how to mod.

The The Architect Pack is a good example of how much freedom we could have. Hamlet give the impression we were moving in this direction it ended up not happening.