A very specific appeal to Zarklord to implement inter cluster travel, not unlike lootworld shards

I've seen Zarklord's work on the workshop and even now, Zarklord is generally heralded by the modding community, some even saying that they await him to free up in order for there to exist interiors in the potential Hamlet mod for dst.

I've spoken to one of the main authors of Island Adventures about an idea for a mod I had to let players travel between, for example Cluster 1 to Cluster 2

image.png.e516eaa0b3dcaa52cf5e5aa75be22758.png

and one of the authors of IA says that such a thing is impossible and certain interactions such as having an extra forest shard mostly used for "Loot worlds" is reserved for dedicated servers.

What I propose is for a "character" to be able to travel between clusters as a single character with all prototypes and inventory content present. 

I'm trying to be as clear as I possibly can, but for example, if I decided that in a world with 1000 days, I could link a cluster with that one and have a world that's at day 1. 

Effectively, it would act as if there were another shard in practice, but it would work for single player, in that only 2 shards were running at all times. 

This whole suggestion is made in mind for single player hosts more than dedicated servers. Having multiple shards with player counts beyond 6 would work better than having linked clusters.

I don't think being able to access other worlds should be gatekept by hardware limitations.

I make this suggestion mostly due to the hard work the Island Adventures team puts into their project. Their game plays just like shipwrecked does, but it suffers from a flaw that sets single player shipwrecked apart from a mod, only because you can't travel between worlds.

Having the opportunity to be able to go between forest and shipwrecked in a singleplayer game would be pretty incredible. And fingers crossed, if the stars align and by the grace of any deity, dear reader, you chose to believe in, a Hamlet mod releases, that will be icing on the cake. We can get a Reign of Giants/Shipwrecked/Hamlet together without having such a beefed up machine that is able to run 6 servers at once.

A minor reason, but one far more accessible to people is the option to be able to have a lootworld in a single player setting.

Arguably, it could be abused or whatever, but to be fair, mid game, you're able to toggle difficulty in the world settings after you have created the world, electing even to make a survival world into an endless relaxed world. 

I don't think that would be an issue.

The work done by Zarklord goes far beyond a paycheck. The same should hopefully be said about the entire Klei staff, but Zarklord has been known before even accepting a salary or whatever paypacket is provided by Klei, and even now, mods are continuing.

Because this is a mod centric request, I didn't know who else's attention I could have flagged down.

Archived