Need help with sculptures!

I'm still new to modding but can you help me with one perk for my character? When he stands near the sculptures, he was given one sanity every few seconds. Of course, I searched on the forum for how to make auras or give sanity when it’s in range, but for some reason nothing works when I enter the prefab of sculptures. That is, it works well on ordinary creatures like a butterfly, but the sculpture does not want to work. I don't know what to do but I think it's what the game calls sculpture in the code. If you can help with this I will be grateful.

Here's the code I used :

local B_CANT_TAGS = {"playerghost", "player"}

local function statuesanity(inst)
    if inst.components.health:IsDead() or inst:HasTag("playerghost") then
        return
    end
    local x,y,z = inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition()
    local ents = GLOBAL.TheSim:FindEntities(x, y, z, 10, {"chesspiece_moon_marble"}, B_CANT_TAGS)
    for i, v in ipairs(ents) do
        if v and v:IsValid() and v.prefab == "chesspiece_moon_marble" then
            inst.components.sanity:DoDelta(1, true) 
        end
    end
end

AddPlayerPostInit(function(inst)
    if not GLOBAL.TheWorld.ismastersim then
        return inst
    end
inst:DoPeriodicTask(1, statuesanity)
end)

Ultroman has made a poste detailing the use of something such as this  here if this post cannot help you in this.

17 hours ago, josra102 said:

I don't know what to do but I think it's what the game calls sculpture in the code.

The don't starve wiki includes the "code_name" for entities in the wiki pages → here.
God Bless the wiki team.

The tutorials section located at the top of the forums offers a variety of helpful guides for beginner modders, but I recommend heavily Ultromans → here

Given the opportunity, I would recommend adding the tag to the chess pieces you desire, instead of constantly cycling through with if statements; Using the TheSim:FindEntities alone would allow for higher efficiency for your code, which is desirable for when using period tasks. AddPrefabPostInit would be useful in this endeavor and further information can be found → here

Happy modding, 

Edited by Thomas Die
adding the funni arrows for dopamine, and correcting past Thomas' mistakes

It seems that I got the function to be executed from the statue and it works, but I would also like that it determined and the material of the statues for I dug into the code of the sculptures and seemed to find how to determine the material of the statues, but when I inserted this parameter and went to the lunar glass statue, I just got the game crashed.

This is what was in the server log:
[00:03:28]: error calling PrefabPostInit: chesspiece_moon in mod Evgens-DST-MOD (Evgens - Nature Mage and Mechanic):
[string "../mods/Evgens-DST-MOD/modmain.lua"]:188: attempt to index global 'MATERIALS' (a nil value)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:

Now the code looks like this:

local B_CANT_TAGS = {"playerghost"}

local function statueart(inst)
    print("work2")
    local ents = GLOBAL.TheSim:FindEntities(x, y, z, 10, {"player"}, B_CANT_TAGS)
        if v.prefab == "evgens" then
            v.components.sanity:DoDelta(1, true) 
            print("work3")
        end
    end
end

AddPrefabPostInit("chesspiece_moon", function(inst)
        return inst
    end
if (inst.materialid ~= nil and MATERIALS[inst.materialid].name == MOONGLASS_NAME) then
inst:DoPeriodicTask(1, statueart)
print("work1")
   end
end)

If you know a solution to this problem, you can write

6 hours ago, josra102 said:

modmain.lua"]:188: attempt to index global 'MATERIALS' (a nil value)

Use GLOBAL.MATERIALS instead of MATERIALS in modmain environment.

Also it's better to add the periodic task to the player because there can be hundreds of statues, but only a few players, adding the task to the player helps with performance.

If you are certain there would only be a few statues then it doesn't matter.

Sorry, but for some reason I can’t figure out where to enter GLOBAL.MATERIALS and how to make an “if” with it, something that would work, and I also tried to make a function from the player, but GLOBAL.TheSim:FindEntities doesn’t want to find sculptures of only creatures

Edited by josra102

Hi again. After several searches, I was still able to determine that the statues were being sought from the player. Now I do this through a tag, but now there are two gaps:

1.Now we need to make sure that the aura effect does not stack when there are several statues nearby

2.Also determine the material of the statues. But here I tried to pull out the code from the culture prefab responsible for the lunar event, but when I tried it said that [string "../mods/Evgens-DST-MOD/modmain.lua"]:188: attempt to index global 'MATERIALS I was told to use global MATERIALS but that doesn't help either

Now the code looks like this:

local MOONGLASS_NAME = "moonglass"

local function statueart(inst)
    if inst:HasTag("evgens") then
        return
    end
    local ents = GLOBAL.TheSim:FindEntities(x, y, z, 10, {"statueartmoon"}, {"playerghost", "Decor"}, 1)
        if v and v:IsValid() then
            inst.components.talker:Say("Work!")
        end
    end
end

return inst
    end
inst:DoPeriodicTask(1, statueart)
end)

inst:AddTag("statueartmoon")
end)

If you have ideas on how to solve these problems, please write

Hello again, I found a solution to the first problem, but I don’t know what to do with the second:
    (inst.materialid ~= nil and Global.MATERIALS[inst.materialid].name == "moonglass") then
     inst:AddTag("statueartmoonmoonglass")
end
end)
I tried to use Global in different ways, but it either doesn’t work or doesn’t allow me to start the server. Maybe he's missing something? I do not know what to do.

Happened! Moon glass statues work, but it was necessary to compare the materialid with the number
Here's the whole code:
modmain:
local function statueartmoonmoonglass(inst)
if inst:HasTag("evgens") then
return
end
local ents = GLOBAL.TheSim:FindEntities(x, y, z, 4, {"evgensstatueartmoonmoonglass"}, {"playerghost", "Decor"}, 1)
if v and v:IsValid() and (v.materialid == 3) then
inst:AddTag("evgensstatueartmoonmoonglass")
  end
 end
end

return inst
end
     inst:DoPeriodicTask(5, statueartmoonmoonglass)
end)

Character - Evgens:
     inst:DoPeriodicTask(1.0, function(inst)
if inst:HasTag("sculptures") and inst:HasTag("evgensstatueartmoonmoonglass") then
inst:RemoveTag("evgensstatueartmoonmoonglass")
     end
end)
Maybe it will be useful to someone.