Deciduous and ocean concept: 3 New plants!

=- NEW PLANTS! -=

Are you starving for botany? Are you starving for botany? GOOD!

=- Bouquet of clovers -=

Bouquet of clovers plants can be rarely found near birchnut trees, they are held by a hand that roots for you. Picking them grants a clover.

Regrows once a season.

Clover STATS:

HP: 1

Hunger: 12.5

Sanity: 5

Dinner date RECIPE:

[Clover] x 1

[Cactus flesh] x 1

[Honey] x 2

USE!

> Can be given to ANY non-boss hostile mob in order to tame them for 6 minutes.

> Tamed hostile mobs will attack mobs you touch and follow you anywhere.

> If the effect wears off then the mob will return to it's normal AI.

Romantic meal (WARLY ONLY) RECIPE:

"My cooking will make anyone's heart grow 3 times bigger!" - W

[Clover] x 1

[Pomegranite] x 1

[Honey] x 2

USE!

> Using this as Warly will PERMANENTLY keep mobs befriended until they die.

> Mobs gain a passive health regen equal to 5% every 10 seconds.

> Mobs can be unfriended by punching them, a maximum of 3 followers is allowed.

=- Beheaded lettuce -=

This plant can be spotted in waterlogged biomes during full moons, dangling from a suspiciously noose shaped vines instead of figs... (none in winter)

You can harvest some, but the vine will dissapear. (will be replaced by a fig later but the lettuce wont regrow)

Eating them will kill you, as the lettuce will eat your organs. The "blood" that drips from the neck could be useful.

Juice can be renewed by putting beheaded lettuce on fence posts and waiting for the juice to drop. Heads of lettuce cannot be renewed. (Putting it on a fence post turns it into Lettuce head, similar appearance to a pig head.)

Beheaded lettuce STATS:

"Lifting one of the leaves reveals a row of teeth." - W

HP: - 500

Hunger: +500

Sanity: -500

Lettuce blood STATS:

"Leafy meat... Leafy blood?" - W

HP: 3

Hunger: 12,5

Sanity: 0

"Flavorful" juice CROCKPOT RECIPE:

"Tastes empty, but i don't want to be rude." - W

[Lettuce blood] x 2

[Ice] x 2

STATS:

HP: 10

Hunger: 50

Sanity: -3

Keg RECIPE:

[Gears] x 1

[Planks] x 3

[Lettuce blood] x 3

USE!

> Putting fruits into the Keg will produce different alcohols. Said alcohols will be changed the longer they are in the keg.

EXAMPLES:

Dragon fruit > Molotov

Min time: Wide area of effect, small damage. Burns trees.

Max time: Thin area of effect, moderate damage. Burns trees.

Durian > Smelly smells 

Min time: Throwing it on a mob will make others run from it.

Max time: Throwing it on a mob will make others stay away from it for a longer time.

If a mob has followers then the smelly smells will wear off in 3 seconds upon hitting the mob.

Lettuce blood > Distilled pain

Min: Can be consumed in order to deal extra damage for an exchange of 25 for 4 HP/per hit, no pain animation plays.

Max: Reduced to 12,5 dmg for 2 HP/per hit.

May need balancing.

=- Bread fruit -=

Pigmen will plant Bread fruit near their house during spring, you can steal it from them and replant it in your own base!

Bread fruit is inedible, it must be hammered for wheat. 4 Wheat makes 1 bread slice.

Bread slice stats:

Hunger: 5

USE!

Can put up to 3 different foods between 2 slices in order to combine the stats (including effects and the bread stats), jellybeans don't work. Produces a sandwich.

=- My thoughts -=

I felt like making ideas for plants and food, thanks for reading.

Lettuce.webp

Boquote of clovers reminds me of the totally normal tree from shipwrecked. (The shape of it is familair)

These are cool ideas.

The clover abilities seem op. Another alternative could be granting the player a chance to critical hit.

Blood lettuce is genuinly so creepy and i love it. I feel like in terms of use, it should be more sininster for all foods, more featuring foods with large downsides and large upsides, or maybe even food that grants a unique debuff, just like distilled pain!

23 hours ago, marshyds said:

=- Bread fruit -=

Pigmen will plant Bread fruit near their house during spring, you can steal it from them and replant it in your own base!

Bread fruit is inedible, it must be hammered for wheat. 4 Wheat makes 1 bread slice.

Bread slice stats:

Hunger: 5

USE!

Can put up to 3 different foods between 2 slices in order to combine the stats (including effects and the bread stats), jellybeans don't work. Produces a sandwich

This is a really neat idea.

I love the world building. Maybe pigs can sometimes drop sandwiches containing random food during spring to add to this?

1 hour ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I love the world building. Maybe pigs can sometimes drop sandwiches containing random food during spring to add to this?

I think the sandwiches would contain monster meat and other icky foods, just like the grizzly gumbo soup the pigman served to walter in the short.

It would serve as a hint that you can make sandwiches, so ig it would fit?

Blood lettuce is genuinly so creepy and i love it. I feel like in terms of use, it should be more sininster for all foods, more featuring foods with large downsides and large upsides, or maybe even food that grants a unique debuff, just like distilled pain!

Beheaded lettuce is somewhat similar to mandrakes, except it kills you from the inside out.

I imagine you could make an emergency crockpot meal that maxes out sanity and hunger in exchange for max health? (Booster shots can fix it.)

Another crockpot meal could be one that slowly decreases health like jellybeans in exchange for a speed boost, the adrenaline rush from bleeding shall speed you up!

The clover abilities seem op. Another alternative could be granting the player a chance to critical hit.

Yeah thats why i made em grow once a season, could be fun to toy around with once in a while. (You could bundle like 40 dinner dates but clovers are just picked like aloe from the ground, can't be grown like grass.)

Warly mains gain somewhat permanent pets if they use it! Exotic ones!

1 hour ago, marshyds said:

I imagine you could make an emergency crockpot meal that maxes out sanity and hunger in exchange for max health? (Booster shots can fix it.)

Reducing max health is an interesting idea with good potential.

On 1/28/2024 at 12:42 AM, Jakepeng99 said:

Reducing max health is an interesting idea with good potential.

how about a food item that swaps 25% of your max health for 12,5% more max sanity and hunger? using boosters reverts this and reaching 0% max health kills you.

Archived