Did devs just gave up on console version of DS?

I think they're not coming back to DS in the near future, I've reported several bugs in the bug tracker with solutions, not fixed :wilson_curious:

They probably went back to the projects they were on.

Edited by _zwb
  • Sad Dupe 3

It's just kind of sad that we can't get any type of timeline, I bought the game again just assuming that everything would be fixed by this point, or at least in a better state than it was 4 years ago. I mean, I guess it's my bad for not spending the time to really look into anything before buying, but that's taught me that I can't just have faith in Klei, like I can with other studios, like 9 Dots for example, they released a full game, 2 dlc, fixed everything, and remastered the game in like 5 years. Don't Starve has one more dlc than them, and almost zero meaningful fixes across all platforms, and they're sitting at over a decade. Two completely different games, but both teams started out extremely small. Also people propose fixes, and even more efficient code in the bug tracker all the time, but very little of it gets taken. IDK, I'm just getting irritated about it, the whole situation just isn't being handled properly, and I'm at thepoint where I've lost interest in the game because of it.

• Sad Dupe 1

9 minutes ago, Toki_ said:

It's just kind of sad that we can't get any type of timeline, I bought the game again just assuming that everything would be fixed by this point, or at least in a better state than it was 4 years ago. I mean, I guess it's my bad for not spending the time to really look into anything before buying, but that's taught me that I can't just have faith in Klei, like I can with other studios, like 9 Dots for example, they released a full game, 2 dlc, fixed everything, and remastered the game in like 5 years. Don't Starve has one more dlc than them, and almost zero meaningful fixes across all platforms, and they're sitting at over a decade. Two completely different games, but both teams started out extremely small. Also people propose fixes, and even more efficient code in the bug tracker all the time, but very little of it gets taken. IDK, I'm just getting irritated about it, the whole situation just isn't being handled properly, and I'm at thepoint where I've lost interest in the game because of it.

We give timelines when we know the timeline. This is the same for all of our games. We don't give public dates that we aren't solidly committed to. 

In this case, as we said previously, it was going to take a while because we don't have a dedicated team for Don't Starve and it's a substantial update, not all of which just translates directly to console easily. 

That being said, the update is currently in testing and will be submitted for approval "soon". We don't know anything beyond that at this point right now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

23 hours ago, JoeW said:

We give timelines when we know the timeline. This is the same for all of our games. We don't give public dates that we aren't solidly committed to. 

In this case, as we said previously, it was going to take a while because we don't have a dedicated team for Don't Starve and it's a substantial update, not all of which just translates directly to console easily. 

That being said, the update is currently in testing and will be submitted for approval "soon". We don't know anything beyond that at this point right now. 

Will there be any updates to Hamlet DLC after the console update? It's left as a half-finished product currently:-?

• Thanks 2

Yikes, I think I'll be sticking with other studios. Felt the tone in that reply across the internet. Gives me early Raph from Hinterland vibes.

On 3/16/2024 at 1:01 PM, _zwb said:

I've never played Hinterland, could you explain what it is?:eek-new:

Hinterland is another studio, they made The Long Dark, but Raph is notorious for his poor public relations, getting snippy when customers get pissed off about updates, and stuff like that. Highly recommend the game btw, especially now that they've gotten their **** together, it's a much more rich, and complete survival experience, with very few bugs remaining.

On 3/13/2024 at 4:30 PM, JoeW said:

How is this even an answer? Why is there no dedicated team to fix the console experience when the PC has been done for over a year? What kind of flippant explanation is that?