Wormwood's skilltree feels a bit underwhelming considering the linear path you always tend to pick, which is often dictated by the imbalance of the skills that make you think "this skill is a must" vs the ones that make you "when am I ever using this?"

My major issues currently lie with:

- Bulbous Lightbugs getting stuck in caves and dying to debris falling
Suggestion:Bulbous Lightbugs need to traverse the caves void and not get stuck, also perhaps they should be immune to falling debris/get more HP?.

- Lack of strength and speed of Saladmanders and the lack of their ripe form.
Suggestion: Salandmanders need to more omf as they currently feel a bit too weak (maybe because of the two Saladmander limit I'm unsure), and perhaps to have their ripe form added (when fed hot food or Dragonpie, or when their temperature reaches a certain point) without them burning stuff (maybe it give them armor or more dps or HP regen).

- The two Berry Bush skills being separate even though they're co-dependant (Berry bush skill alone is useless if you don't have juicy berries in your world) which defeats the purpose of the branch.
Suggestion: make both berry bush types (normal and juicy) craftable with the use of 1 skillpoint, rather than having to invest 2 points to have access to the previous skill.

- Lack of Banana Bush crafting considering it's his favourite food and his role as the plant provider.
Suggestion: a Banana Bush craft that's unlocked after Berry Bush or after Monkeytails crafting, the craft should be expensive costing 5 bananas and both berry bush types for example (you can't reach Monkeytail crafting without unlocking Berry Bush crafting).

- Shade plant being a "filler" skill rather than a build-based one (Summer specific, Bloom-dependant end of branch skill that's easily rendered null by a thermal stone or high summer insulation).
Suggestion: changing the skill, an alternative could be a further increase in his walking speed of 5% or 10% when fully bloomed, this wouldn't be broken and would suit the direct combat nature of the right skill trees.

an extra thing that's not more of a QoL but would make this skill a lot more fun and engaging is training Carrats by giving them a specific item to gather, and if possible making Carrats customizable via feeding them seeds (Year of the Carrat skins), this could also heal them and would make farming certain crops more fun. :carrot:

Sorry if this is a bit late, but I love playing wormwood and didn't want to make suggestions until I have fully absorbed everything the new skilltrees had to offer, many thanks Klei for being a wonderful listening team, and giving us this platform to directly voice our thoughts :heart:

Archived