A poll on alignments

Lunar VS Shadows  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Alignments

• Lunar
    • Shadows
    • No alignment (why tho?)
    • I hate skill tree and all that it's stand for and I shall not acknowledge it's existence

The poll should have 2 separate choices for which you think is superior and which one you use, the lunar one is superior and probably always will be because it applies the passive buffs in more scenarios than the shadow one, excluding additional perks that a character's alignment might have.

I myself use shadow despite the lunar one being far superior of a choice in my gameplay looking at what I do and how I play.

I only play 1 character with a skill tree, and shadow is really not an option.

I think the value will always depend a lot on the skill tree.  For someone like Wig who gets a simple, symmetrical bonus for each side it would be either lunar b/c you'll fight more shadow monsters than lunar ones.  Although with more lunar bosses then shadow ones currently, after opening the rifts you might swap them.

Lunar is always better because of the bonus damage against shadows. Only time where shadow affinity is better is Woodie's shadow alignment.

Willow's is ok, and Wigfrid's is good in a combo with a lunar wigfrid.

Shadow all the way baby. I find almost all of their perks infinitely more useful then lunar:

Wilson: Dreadstone is infinitely more rare and harder to get on mass then pure Brilliance and charged moon glass, so simplifying the process to getting pure horror which is easily mass farmable is a massive boon. Also making mass nightmare fuel with pure horror is also nice.

Willow: have not played at all, so no opinion.

Wolfgang: I prefer shadow because I want bosses like crab king and the mutated bosses dead more then I want bosses like ancient guardian and the chess pieces dead. I will say that lunar is also good because the sheer strength of Wolfgang can make the damage bonus actually matter against basiic shadows unlike others who only save a hit on terror beaks/claws.

Woodie: Shadow immunity is massive when your perpetually losing sanity, and full moon immunity only comes up once every two hours before moonstorm, so the shadow immunity atleast feels like your having a perk active then 5% of your playthrough.

Wigfrid: they're dead even on effect so it's a choice on what you want more damage I guess.

Wormwood: I mean you have to pick a lunar alignment ad klei decided that Wormwood is too good for a shadow one.

Also just to put it out there, alignments are the most botched part of From Beyond by a long shot, the concept itself has so much potential both for character specific things and non specific ones that the fact it was relegated to a few mouse clicks in a skill tree with half of the alignments being trash or boring or both is disheartening.

The worst part for me is, is that if they actually put in the effort to make them unique to obtain, locked per world (something you need to reach in world progression to access) and just interesting in a way of giving great boons but also drawbacks it would have been a system that would have improved the game and made it somewhat more replayable.

Instead we get more fluff to try and keep new players engaged with a game that they will drop anyways because DS and DST are very niche games that most gamers out there simply won't enjoy due to one or multiple reasons, wether that is the too high artificial difficulty that the game is known for or anything else.

Truly a pity of a wasted potential.

3 hours ago, Antynomity said:

Instead we get more fluff to try and keep new players engaged with a game that they will drop anyways because DS and DST are very niche games that most gamers out there simply won't enjoy due to one or multiple reasons, wether that is the too high artificial difficulty that the game is known for or anything else.

Truly a pity of a wasted potential.

Amen.

Archived