Pacifist Ending: Giving Klaus a special rare trinket makes him give you a krampus sack

Meh, I always prefer the Genocide Ending.

But I would like the trinket to be obtainable very end game so that like, players that have been playing for a big while still don't have the Krampus sack can finally get it ! No more gambling with % !

25 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I see that after your previous thread failed you made a new one.

How about we keep one of the best items in the game locked behind a yearly 10% chance or a constant 1%, hmm?

Nooo

6 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

How about we keep one of the best items in the game locked behind a yearly 10% chance or a constant 1%, hmm?

Oh Golly! I love gambling so much!:lemo:

Although I think it’s fine if the krampus sack’s obtainability stays the same way, it’s kind of that one item’s “niche”. You usually have to go out of your way to get one if you want, but even if you got lucky and got it early in the game it will never provide you with more than it already does in any other point in the game. (Although I wouldn’t mind having a more “reliable” way to get it)

Finding a walking cane next to a skeleton or getting a green or yellow gem from a tumble weed are also pretty “balanced” in my opinion too for the same reason and it’s not like you’re gonna be finding them all over the place anyways

This would be a band aid fix to a bigger problem. Inventory space and storage structures need a re-balancing in general.

The Inventory management problem makes backpacks so popular that most of the body Items feel much less powerful than they actually are.

This is why I think Klei needs to give us a proper backpack progression. For example:

• Make krampus sack 12 slots instead of 14
  • Make it a guaranteed drop from klaus
  • Give us a proper endgame(post rift) backpack with 14 slots and possibly with other functions.

This might not be the best suggestion out here, But I think you get the idea. This is also why I'm excited for the shadow rift update. I hope klei would finally change the Krampus sack + walking cane with new post rift items. ( And yes, I'm talking about this and this.)

I think Krampus sack being a luxury rare item is fine.

I used to think ways of getting to drop a guaranteed one but, now I think having a piggyback through most of your gameplays is by contrast what makes krampus sack really feel special when you get it.
If it becomes a thing you always rush in the first days in a guaranteed way, it will take away the adrenaline that currently involves getting one.

3 hours ago, mkemal23 said:

This would be a band aid fix to a bigger problem. Inventory space and storage structures need a re-balancing in general.

The Inventory management problem makes backpacks so popular that most of the body Items feel much less powerful than they actually are.

This is why I think Klei needs to give us a proper backpack progression. For example:

• Make krampus sack 12 slots instead of 14
  • Make it a guaranteed drop from klaus
  • Give us a proper endgame(post rift) backpack with 14 slots and possibly with other functions.

This might not be the best suggestion out here, But I think you get the idea. This is also why I'm excited for the shadow rift update. I hope klei would finally change the Krampus sack + walking cane with new post rift items. ( And yes, I'm talking about this and this.)

It could also slow you down by 10%, we could even make it craftable, for like 6 silk, 4 pigskin and 2 rope.

14 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I see that after your previous thread failed you made a new one.

Yes, keep it. The first time I saw that backpack on a YouTube video I was amused, even more so with how you got it.

Not everything needs to be a guarantee in this game, not everything needs to be easier to renew than it was with world hopping in DSA.

12 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think Krampus sack being a luxury rare item is fine.

I used to think ways of getting to drop a guaranteed one but, now I think having a piggyback through most of your gameplays is by contrast what makes krampus sack really feel special when you get it.
If it becomes a thing you always rush in the first days in a guaranteed way, it will take away the adrenaline that currently involves getting one.

The trinket is a rare luxury item as mentioned. It balances out.

Archived