Load Detector?

Has anyone created a game-loading detector for automation?  I have some structures I think might break on load, so I would love to be able to reset it automatically on load.

If I'm not mistaken all buildings start powered off, and skip about a second. So a wattage sensor should always read 0 for about a second after the game is loaded. So assuming you can guarantee a circuit will have power consumers that should be the easiest way to detect game load.

I first observed that the "powered off" thing is real and not just a "display glitch", because many (all?) buildings actually skip work for the first second or so, like a Shutoff / Meter Valve won't release a packet for that second. But buildings which are not powered (for example a basic Valve) do work as normal during that second.

10 hours ago, blakemw said:

If I'm not mistaken all buildings start powered off, and skip about a second. So a wattage sensor should always read 0 for about a second after the game is loaded. So assuming you can guarantee a circuit will have power consumers that should be the easiest way to detect game load.

I first observed that the "powered off" thing is real and not just a "display glitch", because many (all?) buildings actually skip work for the first second or so, like a Shutoff / Meter Valve won't release a packet for that second. But buildings which are not powered (for example a basic Valve) do work as normal during that second.

Cool, so I could try a wattage sensor on a power line or a pipe element sensor on a liquid shutoff loop.  Thanks!

EDIT:  Here is my load detector.  0.1 g/s polluted water goes through the liquid shutoff and the sensor detects if there is polluted water.  On load, it appears to skip one packet and triggers a mechanism below. 

Makes me nervous about using these shutoffs as filters though.

image.png.f050c35a7beb816ad0e0760f2204487c.png

On 1/4/2024 at 10:42 PM, Zarquan said:

Makes me nervous about using these shutoffs as filters though.

Well, because in principle power can be lost at any time for reasons other than reload, a Shutoff setup has to "fail-safe" not fail dangerous. Like if using a Metal Refinery cooling loop, the Shutoff has to actively divert adequately cold packets into the Metal Refinery, so if power is lost the packets just keep recirculating through the steam chamber whether they need to or not, rather than going into the Metal Refinery whether they need to be cooled or not.

Same for element filtering. For a robust filter, the material must circulate in a loop with the shutoffs pulling material out. Besides power loss, output lines can get backed up after all. Both cause "lazy" shutoff filters to fail.

On 1/2/2024 at 12:02 AM, Zarquan said:

a game-loading detector

image.png.6ec0c3b6d8106de74908327dcf31f76f.png

Don't ask me where the green signal comes from, but it is there on outputs 2, 3 and 4 when the game is loaded or when a distributor is built without an input wire. Having the input attached results in a short impulse after loading the game rather than a constant green signal.

image.png.d76a538835c44fb8615d4081c7e7c151.png

On 1/6/2024 at 5:09 AM, wachunga said:

Same for element filtering. For a robust filter, the material must circulate in a loop with the shutoffs pulling material out. Besides power loss, output lines can get backed up after all. Both cause "lazy" shutoff filters to fail.

I use these when I've arranged for the lines to not clog.  I also ensure these systems always have power.  But I was unaware they stopped working for a second on load.

43 minutes ago, Knurek said:

image.png.6ec0c3b6d8106de74908327dcf31f76f.png

Don't ask me where the green signal comes from, but it is there on outputs 2, 3 and 4 when the game is loaded or when a distributor is built without an input wire. Having the input attached results in a short impulse after loading the game rather than a constant green signal.

image.png.d76a538835c44fb8615d4081c7e7c151.png

That's weird.  It is also better than my valve-shutoff system I am currently using.

I wonder if the pulsed tepidizer exploit work if you "cool" a tepidizer back down below 125 before reloading, or if it remains in the nerfed state until you rebuild it. If so, you could contrive something where you always keep one tepidizer <125 and use a load detector to flip which tepidizer is hot so you always have one fully exploited tepidizer

19 hours ago, Tigin said:

I wonder if the pulsed tepidizer exploit work if you "cool" a tepidizer back down below 125 before reloading, or if it remains in the nerfed state until you rebuild it. If so, you could contrive something where you always keep one tepidizer <125 and use a load detector to flip which tepidizer is hot so you always have one fully exploited tepidizer

EDIT.  If it isn’t permanently broken, you could do it with 1 by detecting that a load happened and cool down.  Then, you could be notified of the need of another reload when it cools down. 

Archived