Do you think abusive glitches should be patched?

Do you think abusive glitches should be patched?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think abusive glitches should be patched?

• Yes
    • No

35 minutes ago, arubaro said:

You never tried but despite that you throw false claims. I will never understand this behavior which is common in the forum

It doesnt take more time because walling the lavaes can lead to DF spawning more waves which, surprise,  increase the time of the fight. You can also hit her while she is spawning the lavaes which, surprise,  leads to a shorter fight

I say it from experience as I know very well how it is fighting with dragonfly, the reason I do it walled off is because it is infinitely simpler and lowers the amount of resources I gotta use which you know I kinda wanna do on a fight I am going to farm frequently.

Dragonfly will spawn lavae all the same be it walled off or not but the things will not pester you while you punch her which I am pretty sure speeds things up quite a bit.

39 minutes ago, arubaro said:

This game has many options when it comes to "2 things punching you": fire, freezing, sleep or getting good.

I don't think that's "many" and let me rephrase it then, good options, with enemies just being able to stunlock and the fact you can be stunlocked for some of these items with long anims it is quite... troublesome, also fire is just kinda not very good to use, you will end up burning stuff you may want.

Currently the only things I have seen having worthwhile aoe are very few character specific things and that's a big problem when you're not running said characters.

15 minutes ago, CuteC said:

say it from experience as I know very well how it is fighting with dragonfly, the reason I do it walled off is because it is infinitely simpler and lowers the amount of resources I gotta use which you know I kinda wanna do on a fight I am going to farm frequently

Do it if you want. im not against it neither I'm in favor of changing it because was a helpful thing when I was unexperienced and wanted to engage with other content than the spoil 4 seasons

As curiosity, do you really need to save resources (3 blue gems, some sticks and few durability on armor if you get hit by a lavae)? If you are going to fight multiple DF means that you will stick in that server for time enough to have more of that resources that you will ever need 

15 minutes ago, CuteC said:

Dragonfly will spawn lavae all the same be it walled off or not but the things will not pester you while you punch her which I am pretty sure speeds things up quite a bit.

But you only punch her after she comes to you after spawning the last lavae, is exactly the same amount of time but when you don't rely on a wall you can keep hitting her between lavaes. I don't get you claim...do you think that doing it without wall means fighting 6 lavaes at the same time while fighting her? You fight her while the lavaes are alive because you use a wall, the lavae stays alive for some seconds but if you fight them they die so, by the time she comes to hit you, only 1 lavae still alives

DF IA bugs when you make a wall so she could go to spawn lavaes more than 3 times. When you don't use a wall she is consistent and only spawn lavaes 3 times which, in my actual real experience in both scenarios, makes the fight way shorter 

I see a lot of miss information and unexperience in how DF works and that might part of why the wall method is so extended. Also I bet a lot of people don't know that klei changed how freeze lavae works making the fight way more fair and smooth which was why I never used walls ever again.

DF needs a rework to make her more dynamic but I think people should give her a try, walling her is one of the most boring and bland fights, even lord of the fruit flies is more interesting than counting to 6-7. Isn't costly and you need to stay afk while she spawns lavaes

36 minutes ago, arubaro said:

But you only punch her after she comes to you after spawning the last lavae

they're probably talking about placing walls around every lava pond instead of making a wall with a lava pond in the middle   

36 minutes ago, arubaro said:

DF IA bugs when you make a wall so she could go to spawn lavaes more than 3 times

this happens because a 30 second timer starts after dfly spawns the last lavae and after it ends, dfly goes to spawn lavaes if it isn't already doing that and isn't enraged, but since the last lavae's lifetime is also 30 seconds, both the timer and the enrage proc happen on the same frame and dfly deciding to spawn more lavaes or enraging is RNG but, if the last lavae gets killed by something before the 30 seconds timer ends, dfly will consistently enrage after all lavaes die/instantly if the last spawned lavae was also the last lavae killed by something    

Archived