Post Launch Touch Ups

I'm making a quick thread to try and gage everyone's interest in seeing a post launch update that attempts to address some of the lingering criticism's of the current beta.

I've seen a few folks considering delaying the beta but for a few reasons I feel like this isn't manageable. 
I am however, hoping to see touch ups to what we've currently got later down the line.

I'm seeing a handful of criticism's over both Willow's half and the Frostjaw's half of the beta.
I'm personally hoping Bernie can receive some clean up in his portion of the Skill Tree. I'm seeing a lot of wishes for easier ways to manage his transformations, such as a recall.

I confess, I'm very disappointed in the FrostJaw's portion. I'm not entirely keen on the idea of a Boss that must be defeated to be traded with. Fun idea, but I'm not big on the current execution. His trades aren't varied enough to make the repeat fights worth it and whilst the Boot is very useful, I do not personally see the value.
I was really looking forward to the unused potential Ally feature. I understand things are subject to change, this is a Beta after all, but I feel like this NPC being reduced to a fight and trader is... underwhelming. I'm seeing a lot of current feedback on his animations and visuals, as well.

Lastly I'm still thinking some of the new fire visuals could be cleaned up just a smidge bit. Their designs are fine but I still feel their looping could be made a wee bit more subtle. That's all, really.
Thoughts?

I think delaying isn't possible - but also I don't think it would be smart.  Sometimes you just need to get the code running and work from there.

I'm fairly certain we'll see a patch post-beta to address any new bugs from launch, consoles, as well as possibly some criticism about the features introduced.

But I kinda doubt we'll get the shake up that would make Willow's Bernie tree an interesting part of her rather than a place to dump your leftover points.

This reminds me of Deep Rock Galactic's update quality steadily declining as they tried to release semi-annual Season updates, and it became clear they needed more time between updates to properly polish them up. Between adding new bosses/enemies to the game and thinking up skill trees for each character without either feeling a little bloated seems like a tall order for the team currently. 

I'm definitely a proponent for quality over quantity, and it's a bit of a shame their update schedule is going through like this. I speculate there's pressure from Tencent to keep up the update frequency due to live service game expectations, so it's probably not entirely Klei's fault.. but sadly knowing that doesn't change the updates we get. I'm hoping there'll be a gap in-between updates so that Klei can really deliberate on adding some exciting post-rift content to the game, without the constant worry of deadlines stifling the creative process.

8 minutes ago, SSneaky said:

as someone who is dabbling into game development.

'ew, that's gross.'

I agree, as corpos usually load these games chockfull with predatory monetization tactics to squeeze every cent out of players. There are exceptions, but the trend still remains

Hopefully we will see a post-release patch for some fixes in a few things. I can only talk about the Wigfrid side of things, and i know most people's focus as of now is on Willow and the Sharkboy (understandably so), but i do still hope we see some sort of improvement on Rude Interlude and Startling Soliloquy. Since we had a buff to Fireproof Falsetto, it gives me a little bit of hope that these two songs will get something to actually make them viable outside of extremely niche uses. (A.k.a Bee Queen)

Archived