Hello,

Is there a way to increase the supply drop from 3 per week to 6 or 9 per week? Or increase the Filament amount from recycling? I've been getting the same items over and over again, and It's been 300+ hours without getting the items I want nor i was able to get enough filament to print them.

Or is it possible to purchase filament somehow?

Thanks.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, cyberwarlord said:

Great, another games time and effort focused on the wrong aspects.

We still can't even build the poi structures and 1/2 a dozen glitchy mechanics are still causing issues but yeah. Hope the developer is having fun playing dress up games.

Of course, they should improve/fix these issues as well. 

On 12/19/2023 at 4:02 PM, cyberwarlord said:

1.2 k hours. I should have all skins.

I didn't notice the supply drop until I was at 240h of playtime, and all i want is some wallpapers to decorate my base.

I wish they increase the drops from 3 to 6 or 9, or at least if we can purchase some tokens for the skins.

13 hours ago, AngelQ8 said:

I didn't notice the supply drop until I was at 240h of playtime, and all i want is some wallpapers to decorate my base.

I wish they increase the drops from 3 to 6 or 9, or at least if we can purchase some tokens for the skins.

Any time a developer starts adding stuff like this it's to pad a game and extend its life. We need content and working mechanics. Not skins, that's more of a bonus but completely unnecessary. Especially considering steam workshop had plenty of retexturs for free. With no wait penalty.

You see this tactic in mobile games alot and live service games.

21 hours ago, cyberwarlord said:

Great, another games time and effort focused on the wrong aspects.

We still can't even build the poi structures and 1/2 a dozen glitchy mechanics are still causing issues but yeah. Hope the developer is having fun playing dress up games.

This game has been out for years with a single DLC and consistent ongoing support and updates. They've likely not made that much from the game given how niche it is so from a business perspective, it doesn't make much sense to even be supporting it anymore (especially when compared to other studios). The fact the game is still being updated with singificant updates is amazing. I hope they keep pushing the "dress up" game to the point where people can spend more money on it to keep updates alive.

• Like 5

On 12/24/2023 at 7:10 AM, illuzian said:

I hope they keep pushing the "dress up" game to the point where people can spend more money on it to keep updates alive.

I hope so. And I like the skins anyway. I am just waiting for critter and plant skins and skins for tiles. This constant gray of the normal (floor) tile is boring and bland. I hope they will add different tile skins for each type (air flow, insulated, etc.)

But I don't know why you believe they did not make much from the game. I read that the sales numbers were very high over the years. According to articles, ONI is the second most successful Klei game (after DS). 

Regardless, I am willing to pay real money for skins as long as Klei continues the regular support/updates for this amazing game. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Henlikuoth said:

I hope so. And I like the skins anyway. I am just waiting for critter and plant skins and skins for tiles. This constant gray of the normal (floor) tile is boring and bland. I hope they will add different tile skins for each type (air flow, insulated, etc.)

But I don't know why you believe they did not make much from the game. I read that the sales numbers were very high over the years. According to articles, ONI is the second most successful Klei game (after DS). 

Regardless, I am willing to pay real money for skins as long as Klei continues the regular support/updates for this amazing game. 

Currently sitting in the top 100 on steam.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SGT_Imalas said:

get yourself some True Tiles

I like the mod and appreciate its creators' effort and creativity.

However, I usually don't use mods because I expect the developer to handle this properly. Also, mods are sometimes buggy.

But I believe Klei can get some artistic inspiration from this work. 

11 minutes ago, SGT_Imalas said:

futile view

You don't trust Klei in this regard?

At least they already established the supply closet. And so far, it looks good. So, I will give them time to prove themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Henlikuoth said:

You don't trust Klei in this regard?

nope.

I spent too much time in the game code for that.

there are reasons the FastTrack mod is able to double the average fps for lategame colonies that are not limited to "the mod dev has insane skills"

Edited by SGT_Imalas

Klei's attempt to add decorations and dresses on the game is, at best, odd, and at worst, concerning. You can already make clothes on Textile Loom and Clothing Refashionator, and those game are in-game buildings that create clothing that impacts gameplay, since Snazzy Suit and Primo Garbs give decor for dupes and around them, and although not that impressive, it can help in cases like decor bombing dupes in rockets. Not only that, but using gameplay clothing overrides decorative clothing from the Supply Drop. The Supply Drop stuff is purely cosmetic.

I do quite like the decorations/dresses added to the game, but the system is simply out of place. ONI is an offline single-player only game, where this kind of monetization is almost never heard about, because simply the market strategy for buy once, gets the game permanently is the chosen choice for making money. May I remind you that their earnings don't come from only the games; their store with plushies and shirts are a thing, and I would be surprise if they made little money compared to the games.

Also, as pointed by SGT, mods do already satisfy the needs that the Supply Drops try to fill, and mods are constantly used by the community, so the "need" for more decorative stuff is already supplied by the community. Dedicating more resources for fixing bugs/making more content would clearly me the best option.

So monetization is clearly coming to this system, because if it was intended to be free, why would they add this weekly drop system? Just a waste of time, if you look as something free. The reason I said in the beginning it's "concerning", is that adding this kind of monetization to the game is redundant, since you can just download mods, so something greater could arrive and make the game worst. Because either the devs are wasting time, or they're trying to make more money, even tho I would be surprise if they had any financial problems. They got more games being made, like Rotwood, they're backed by a big tech company, Tencent, and if anything, they could just be more transparent about (which most likely will not happen).

As long as the monetization stays cosmetic, we shouldn't be worried. But as long it impacts gameplay, it will not be good. So yeah, let's hope this new system is more than a redundancy other than a problem.

Note: I tried to check Klei's announcment about Tencent and the post cannot be viewed... suspicious: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/126355-studio-announcement/

Edited by BombermanBart
Accidently commented before finishing
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

This is ridiculous, I hear people saying they'd pay money, I hear others saying that this is perfectly fine and preferable over the micro transaction heck we've all been fighting tooth and nail but subtly (or not so) slowly giving in to like EA, I hear people complaining about the drop rate, the filament return rate, I'm able to sandbox and debug my own effing game, but yet somehow, in a singleplayer game, I PAID FOR, for them to not enable people who want a more creative experience to access filament or skins in anyway whatsoever other than playing for thousands of hours, to boost their asinine Steam™ Metrics?! I might ask you, what other reason, would Klei Entertainment, a Game Development Company, release anything, for free, It's one thing to consistently release update after update out of the prospect of Love and Compassion and that $12.99 Price Tag. And I do think the game has benefited from their attempts at improvement, and many free bug fix updates, HOWEVER, making free content, making DLC to attract new players, fixing game breaking bugs or overall adding to the game whatsoever, that's they're OBLIGATION to their own company and this game, if they want to continue making a PAYCHECK, or attracting new customers and players. THAT does not give Klei any right, rhyme, valid reason, or valid argument, to lock anything away from people who just want to play however, whenever, wherever, looking however, WE WANT. If they went the Bethesda Skyrim Route and gave us access to the already existing Dev Kit and full reign over the games code outside of the Steam™ Workshop we'd already be seeing a B O O S T in mod development and likewise, more players and playtime, but no, they'd rather hold onto the game and any amount of player freedom, just in case one of if not all of their other games crash and burn to rely on this game and it's steadily growing global community as a last resort Cash Cow. That's the only reason I see any game developer making anything for free, for a game that's was in pre-release longer than any other game I know that comes to mind.

Sorry to whomever moderator that has to read all of this rant for profanity. I'm just livid at the fact that no one's called this out yet, no one seems angry, and nothing's being talked about, acknowledged, or done about it. To my knowledge.

On 3/14/2024 at 1:12 PM, MysticalTheus said:

If they went the Bethesda Skyrim Route and gave us access to the already existing Dev Kit and full reign over the games code outside of the Steam™ Workshop we'd already be seeing a B O O S T in mod development

lmao

you spout a lot of angry bs, but that section had me rolling as you couldn't be more wrong.

all mods are hacks - there is no mod api

each mod has the possibility of accessing every single aspect of the game that is written in unity (aka everything but the physic sim)

go ahead - learn modding and give us that B O O S T in mod development, the entire game is open for those player attracting features

Edited by SGT_Imalas