Where's the Gold?

Gotheran

ShipwreckedMoment.jpg.b072c4d847827c0150fb82aa1a179a07.jpg

I haven't thought about shipwrecked in a while, and recently I've been giving it a fresh shot, still feeling many of the exhausting issues I recall from my last attempt long before Klei dropped a surprise content update and the more recent wave of Bugfixing for solo DS. I don't remember gold being this scarce though, my six or so recent attempts have seen me running helter-skelter trying to find gold as soon as possible to be able to establish a Hurricane proof temporary base after several deaths by extreme sanity fatigue due to long nights and excessive sogginess as well as repeated resets from stray lightning burning down every grass and twig I collected along with several structures like science machines and alchemy engines.

My most current run has finally bested Hurricane season but a distinct lack of gold is being felt hard, even after exploring several jungles I've only found about enough gold to scrape together a science machine, a sea lab, a lightning rod, an ice box, and as a treat to myself i just built the Iron Wind which ate the last bit of gold I found just after clearing up Sealnado who took me off guard in a previous run. I find myself wondering where exactly you're meant to find gold within Shipwrecked, the majority of wiki and youtube content for the dlc seems to be sharply out of date and/or lacking in pertinent information.

I mean, I get that but those are limited and frequently fail to produce gold at all. I suppose that I should clarify this is more of a vent/meme post as even after clearing every boulder and magma pile in my current world I'm barely affording what I have.

On 12/13/2023 at 5:56 PM, Gotheran said:

clearing every boulder and magma pile in my current world I'm barely affording what I have.

True, gold is kinda rare in SW despite being so useful. You could just link to rog world though :)

I think the secret is to find a way to get Dubloons, as you can craft Gold Nuggets with them. So trading with the Yaarctopus or using a Trawl Net could be a solution. Also Parrot Pirates drop Dubloons from time to time (like other birds leaving seeds).

Archived