Why is Willow able to set robots on fire?

1 hour ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

I am one of them

Hate using number keys for games, and it is annoying to need to mouse over the lighter and press a key to absorb embers for example

tbh even on keyboard there is room for improvement in binding actions / items.  Maxwell, and now Willow both getting this new interface - they really need to work on the polish.  Its really bad to click several times to start an action, limiting you to asdw movements while you do so.  Radial menus aren't great for kb/m either compared to just keybindings.  DST has a lot of issues like this where more skillful gameplay just can't be put in the game without the game getting a proper face lift in mechanics and clarity.  Things like rooks charging in 360 degrees but only having 4 facings etc.

I think having a hot key directly to a spell would be nice, as well as binding a certain item to a key instead of only simple inventory slots that are horrible at messing themselves up lol

3 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

tbh even on keyboard there is room for improvement in binding actions / items.  Maxwell, and now Willow both getting this new interface - they really need to work on the polish.  Its really bad to click several times to start an action, limiting you to asdw movements while you do so.  DST has a lot of issues like this where more skillful gameplay just can't be put in the game without the game getting a proper face lift in mechanics and clarity.  Things like rooks charging in 360 degrees but only having 4 facings etc.

I think having a hot key directly to a spell would be nice, as well as binding a certain item to a key instead of only simple inventory slots that are horrible at messing themselves up lol

So it's not just me then? That's good to hear.

tbh - My only concern with this topic is that its brought up as a "nerf willow" thing.  I doubt anyone here would make this argument before this update, even though Willow could do exactly as she has done - ignite them and kill them.  The loot from them is not as important as clearing them out of the way to do work like mining statues etc.  Its a senseless cry for a nerf where none is needed.

If you really think robots burning is a problem, bring it up in the main forums and make your case sans willow.  This effects a lot more then her as people commonly use fire to mitigate bishops and other mobs while clearing the ruins.  The only thing that changes is that Willow gets to keep the loot.  Not really a big deal imo.

As far as them dropping embers - Embers are not souls.  Things that cannot burn exist in game, and do not drop embers b/c they cannot burn.

Quit being haters.

Archived