Can lunar fire NOT hit my own beefalo?

1 hour ago, MostMerryTomcat said:

Before that I reckon the biggest problem is you can do friendly-fire with it vs players in co-op.

Wait is friendly fire still a thing post patch? Because it seems like it doesn't hurt Bernie...unless he's immune because he's a lunar entity...this is making my head hurt.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Wait is friendly fire still a thing post patch? Because it seems like it doesn't hurt Bernie...unless he's immune because he's a lunar entity...this is making my head hurt.

I mean you can roast players, not Bernie. Seems KLei really is adamant on this being a thing. Breaks any co-op where Willow may want Moon Fire deployment to chip at bosses' hp while her players team does the front direct attack (kite and/or tank), yet she "terminates" the teammates in that process. I am underlining this issue since 1st introduced, but devs glossed over it till now. If this goes unchecked, going into main branch, you can guess how well it will go, griefers most-accounted too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MostMerryTomcat said:

I mean you can roast players, not Bernie. Seems KLei really is adamant on this being a thing. Breaks any co-op where Willow may want Moon Fire deployment to chip at bosses' hp while her players team does the front direct attack (kite and/or tank), yet she "terminates" the teammates in that process. I am underlining this issue since 1st introduced, but devs glossed over it till now. If this goes unchecked, going into main branch, you can guess how well it will go, griefers most-accounted too.

Actually I think Bernie still takes damage if you don't have his lunar alignment though I need to double check to make sure I think it's because his tag changes with it.

30 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Actually I think Bernie still takes damage if you don't have his lunar alignment though I need to double check to make sure I think it's because his tag changes with it.

Makes sense.

Regarding friendly-fire on players, if KLei intends for her Moon-vortexes to harm teammates as a con, 1 way for this to still allow co-op fighting & her magic would be for Scalemail to offer immunity to cold fire too; hence also giving more utility to this armor that is passed over all time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MostMerryTomcat said:

Makes sense.

Regarding friendly-fire on players, if KLei intends for her Moon-vortexes to harm teammates as a con, 1 way for this to still allow co-op fighting & her magic would be for Scalemail to offer immunity to cold fire too; hence also giving more utility to this armor that is passed over all time.

wouldn't make much sense since lunar fire is cold fire and scalemail seems to protect against hot fire, pretty sure it doesn't protect against mutated varg's fire either                        

1 hour ago, MostMerryTomcat said:

I mean you can roast players, not Bernie. Seems KLei really is adamant on this being a thing.

As far as I know Klei hasn't stated it's intended, I personally don't think it is.

I'd guess they just haven't gotten around to it yet. The beta has introduced a lot of bugs that seem to be taking longer than normal to fix.

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

wouldn't make much sense since lunar fire is cold fire and scalemail seems to protect against hot fire, pretty sure it doesn't protect against mutated varg's fire either                        

It was a suggestion (that could apply to Zombie Varg's attack as well). Not adamant on it though.

57 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

As far as I know Klei hasn't stated it's intended, I personally don't think it is.

I'd guess they just haven't gotten around to it yet. The beta has introduced a lot of bugs that seem to be taking longer than normal to fix.

Hopefully yes, a bug that should be fixed.

Else it breaks all co-op involving Willow and opens door for massive trolling/griefing. She's already seen as "the griefer" of DST for her lighter; now also having the power to kill players off the bat in non-pvp servers cements her troll status and will increase by leaps and bounds the kicking/banning on her. Heck, even I as a Willow co-main will vote out any Willow with Moon affinity from servers I'll play if this issue translates into main branch unfixed.

• Like 1