Could we get a way to locate the sharkboy ?

Not much to add, ocean content generally has this problem of consuming A LOT of time to find and start engaging with IT.

Crabking, pearl and lunar isnland have their own methods of location. Malbatros spawners, saltformations and sea weeds are a bit annoying to find but there been multiple of them of the map ends up making them bareable.And waterloged byomes are generally easy to find because how big they are and they tend to spawn near the coast.

However monkey island and sharkboy are extremly annoying and time cosuming to find and i think if not an item that straightforwardly directs us to them, maybe add an item that can ease off ocean exploration.

My sugestion is just to add the spyglass, make it cost moonglass and been lunar magic themed and add it to the moon altar recepies. The item will be great early game not only for sea exploration but for exploration in general and there would be a new reason to go to lunnar island early.

Also on the mainland there could simply be a setpiece near of the cost, such as an abandoned harbor, that showed you the direction of sharkboy.

An regarding monkey island maybe add to its spawning mechanics that it always spawn on the opposite part of the map from crabking.

I like the idea of the monkey island being opposite of the Crab King. I had this idea long time ago that when you get raided by monkeys for the first time, if you manage to kill the captain and get the map that shows their loot stash, the first one should always spawn on their island. It makes sense thematically (monkey would bury the items where they live instead of the mainland first, and after you discover it they start using the mainland for new pirate stash locations since their island is no longer "a secret spot". 

For the sharkboi it would make a lot of sense thematically if rockjaws dropped something that helped locate the new boss. Maybe they drop a shark fin that can be used to upgrade the compass to a contraption that shows in the direction of the new island. Another idea is that Pearl could help find it after you trade her the ice bream - maybe she gives you a similar boot that makes a portal straight to his island. 

Haven't had the time to check it out myself but I saw those smaller chunks of floating ice that come from him or his island, I figured the method they added for locating him was sailing out to sea during winter and tracking where the ice was coming from kind of like a sea hunt of sorts. Kinda bummed this isn't the case now.

7 minutes ago, Archswifter said:

Haven't had the time to check it out myself but I saw those smaller chunks of floating ice that come from him or his island, I figured the method they added for locating him was sailing out to sea during winter and tracking where the ice was coming from kind of like a sea hunt of sorts. Kinda bummed this isn't the case now.

they break in 30 seconds or less and don't float far away from the ice fishing hole iirc, it'd also still be lame since you'd need to wait for spring since the island only gets bigger in winter and starts having chunks break off in spring 

Bump, hopefully there will be a way to locate it other than just aimlessly sailing :-? Honestly it's just shocking how they added yet another thing with 0 indication of its location, after all the complaints about moon quay and such.

I like to think about this in a different angle: if we are encouraged to map the sea, we would not need an indicator for the said sea biomes.

There is no indicator on any biomes on the main land. We just map it out eventually because it is beneficial to do so. Right now the sea is quite empty and most of the biomes are not really that useful, so we simply don’t bother. 

On 12/10/2023 at 10:51 AM, Malfario said:

Not much to add, ocean content generally has this problem of consuming A LOT of time to find and start engaging with IT.

Crabking, pearl and lunar isnland have their own methods of location. Malbatros spawners, saltformations and sea weeds are a bit annoying to find but there been multiple of them of the map ends up making them bareable.And waterloged byomes are generally easy to find because how big they are and they tend to spawn near the coast.

However monkey island and sharkboy are extremly annoying and time cosuming to find and i think if not an item that straightforwardly directs us to them, maybe add an item that can ease off ocean exploration.

My sugestion is just to add the spyglass, make it cost moonglass and been lunar magic themed and add it to the moon altar recepies. The item will be great early game not only for sea exploration but for exploration in general and there would be a new reason to go to lunnar island early.

Also on the mainland there could simply be a setpiece near of the cost, such as an abandoned harbor, that showed you the direction of sharkboy.

An regarding monkey island maybe add to its spawning mechanics that it always spawn on the opposite part of the map from crabking.

Maybe hand feeding a rockjaw something will make it spit out a map to the shark?

Archived