Beefalo Skill tree Should not be removed

Instead of scrapping it which i have a gut feeling they will, i believe klei should rework it. It is neat as a concept and idea. It is just that the skills are weak, and as cokroach said, have little synergy with the character herself.

(Perhaps adding life steal to beefalo as a quick suggestion, the sainity steal could increase the beefalo's obedience since it has no sainity)

3 minutes ago, Fufuji said:

Should be transferred to someone more suitable to beefalos. 

the point of the beefalo skill tree is literally because of how little wigfrid synergizes with beefalo normally. it exists to make it an option for her where it wouldn't be otherwise. i don't see how people still don't understand this

12 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

the point of the beefalo skill tree is literally because of how little wigfrid synergizes with beefalo normally. it exists to make it an option for her where it wouldn't be otherwise. i don't see how people still don't understand this

Cool, im going to my cryosleep pod wake me up in 2025 when Maxwell gets tanking tree.

Also Wigfrid is still way better than beefalo in combat terms and the other perks of beefalo which is speed was always an option for her unless she ate the beefalo.

This tree does nothing because the main incentive for taming beefalo as wigfrid hasn't changed which is speed. 

16 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

The point of the beefalo skill tree is literally because of how little wigfrid synergizes with beefalo normally

She still synergizes bad tho so this skill tree isn't good for her.

3 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Cool, im going to my cryosleep pod wake me up in 2025 when Maxwell gets tanking tree.

You kid, but i absolutely see a scenario in which maxwell will receive a skill tree that sacrifices something (maybe just skill points) in exchange for more survivability. skill trees exist in part to differentiate characters amongst themselves. beefalo skill tree is no different.

4 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

She still synergizes bad tho so this skill tree isn't good for her.

Whether or not I disagree with this statement is irrelevant, I'm not opposed to reworking it to be better, i'm opposed to the nebulous thought that it doesn't fit on her, when literally the point is for it to make the option even a thing for this character. it shouldn't be removed, tuned, if anything.

10 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

Whether or not I disagree with this statement is irrelevant, I'm not opposed to reworking it to be better, i'm opposed to the nebulous thought that it doesn't fit on her, when literally the point is for it to make the option even a thing for this character. it shouldn't be removed, tuned, if anything.

Not every characted needs to use a beef for combat. And if they did wolfgang is still better on foot, why didn't he get a beefalo tree?

10 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

You kid, but i absolutely see a scenario in which maxwell will receive a skill tree that sacrifices something (maybe just skill points) in exchange for more survivability. skill trees exist in part to differentiate characters amongst themselves. beefalo skill tree is no different

Well that's literally his only downside.  He doesn't have to deal with sanity, can use wickers books, has shadow workers, has pocket dimension, is literally god with ornery beefalo and bone armor, all his spells are dst general discusssion

10 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Well that's literally his only downside.  He doesn't have to deal with sanity, can use wickers books, has shadow workers, has pocket dimension, is literally god with ornery beefalo and bone armor, all his spells are very cheap.

i'm not interested in having this discussion with you LOL

1 hour ago, Fufuji said:

Should be transferred to someone more suitable to beefalos. 

It makes the most sense on Wigfrid since it is a steed into battle. Name another character. (We know Beefalo skills wont work well on Walter since Woby exists)

1 hour ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Not every characted needs to use a beef for combat. And if they did wolfgang is still better on foot, why didn't he get a beefalo tree?

Circus steong man makes no sense to have beefalo skills.

2 hours ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Tbf Maxwell already synergizes well with beefalos. He can hold on to the incense thing and still attack with decent dmg.... Kinda adds to the point that wig doesn't have much in terms of beefalos.

On 12/7/2023 at 9:00 PM, BalkanCockroach said:

Tbh if they buff that 15 percent domestication to 25 and make riding give inspiration i'd like that. But right now it's just not good in my opinnionnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Gaining inspiration while riding is a really good idea.

Archived