Idea for a craft when completing Commander Helmet Skilltree (Brightshade Commander Helmet)

I've made a post like this before, but I've fleshed out the suggestion with a diagram.

To start, the stats would be something like

- 85% damage reduction with corresponding points to planar defense.

- Maybe a small increase to planar attack

- 800 or so HP in armor

- Unable to be repaired by repair kit so it doesn't power creep the brightshade helm.

- Craft recipe, 4 brightshade husks, 4 saffron feathers, 2 beefalo furs

Originally I advocated for a recolor

image.png.c3c1a6b742758cc323b5f8ae8fe5bdf9.png

Admittedly, color isn't my strong suit, especially when the commander helm already looks so beautiful.

So I went with a redesign instead

image.png.345eafc24b478c85bbe2b651cdf38dc2.png

I'll walk through what I've done here real quick

The parts where the lining is are accents of coiling brightshades

image.png.cd7c49f8a03027101e10a9395c41042a.png

And the feathers speak for them selves. But I washed out the gold a little bit because going too yellow I feel is a bit too bright.

All in all, in the moment I went with what I had wanted to see.

image.png.473869e8e36d442f3c9c33a48ac3315b.png

Small preview on what it would look like on wigfrid, but I just forgot to save a couple of small details after I deleted the most recent file, so it's not as polished as the stand alone helm.

Anyway, having a buffed Commander helm in the first place will shore up any suggestion I have to craft a new commander helm post rifts, but it's a solution I'm pitching  at the moment.

Let me know if you like it, let me know if there's any art clash or if you dislike it. That's fine.

Or is the commander helm not in need of any of this treatment?

Anyway thanks for reading.

Archived