Poll: Wigfrid's Beefalo skill tree 2

Beefalo Skill  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Wigfrid's beefalo skills as a concept?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want it removed?

• Yes
    • I don't care much.
    • No
  3. 3. Will you use any of Wigfrid's beefalo skills in their current version?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Do they beefalo skills needed buffed/reworked?

• Rework
    • Buff/tweak
    • Nerf
    • They are ok the way they are
  5. 5. What beefalo skills do you think need tweaked? (Multiple choice)

• Faster taming skill
    • 30% longer riding time
    • +10 planar damage when on a beefalo
    • The New saddle (20% faster speed, 5 more damage, 40% resistance)

The poll options are really confusing, too late to edit it. Time for a retake.

Here is the points Chris discussed.

Poll: Wigfrid's Beefalo Skill Tree

One small thing i would like is if the faster taming skill also slowed down the obedience loss for beefalo. The damage should be higher too in order to be comparable to Wigfrid on her own feet.

accelerating the taming process and increasing the riding could have something else because they become useless once you finish the taming process. Or can be removed since i dont really like that noobfrid makes the process faster because potatoe and the riding time gets pretty long few days after starting to tame a beefalo 

2 minutes ago, arubaro said:

accelerating the taming process and increasing the riding could have something else because they become useless once you finish the taming process. Or can be removed since i dont really like that noobfrid makes the process faster because potatoe and the riding time gets pretty long few days after starting to tame a beefalo 

I do feel like those two skills should have something else attached such as slower obedience. The riding one i am not sure what besides making obedience even slower.

Did they make it so you can mount your beefalo even if its in combat or was that always a thing?

Combining mounted and unmounted combat together is a cool niche strategy. Tank on foot until your armour or health gets low, mount beefalo to continue the fight to regen health then unmount again. 

The freedom to jump on and off ornery beefalo with embracing the tanking playstyle using the shield feels awesome. 

Did everyone collectively forget ww got like 6 skill tree slots dedicated to crafting useless plants? Among them lunar saplings lmao? 

The rest of wigs skills look plenty powerful and useful already.

And as far as flavor perks go 15% faster domestication and the other beef skills r waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more useful than crafting lunar saplings and bushes lol.

Even on wig.

4 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Did they make it so you can mount your beefalo even if its in combat or was that always a thing?

Always was a thing. As in u cant mount a beef whos in combat. I think u mistyped something? 

2 hours ago, greenxworld said:

the beafalo skill tree is very strange to the Wigrefried, although I'm not main Wigrefried,I don't think Wigrefried need to train the beefalo. 

if the beeflao skill tree is nothing but accord with Wigrefried's background , I'd rather think the skill tree should be removed.

I don't think the most players really care about the background,the background must service for gameplay,such as "WOW",its background is changed frequently,but if the game is funny, no-one really care.

here is my view

7 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Did everyone collectively forget ww got like 6 skill tree slots dedicated to crafting useless plants? Among them lunar saplings lmao? 

that should be a separate crafting station, not wormwood 1/4 skill tree...

12 minutes ago, Sikers said:

Beefalo should have their own skilltree, that would fix everything 

how? i like characters having branches for stuff like taming, sailing, etc

that doesnt mean it should take away space for other perks like how they weirdly made wormwood skill tree... and the worst part is that his affinities rely on which side of the skill tree you expend insight..

14 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Always was a thing. As in u cant mount a beef whos in combat. I think u mistyped something? 

You can mount your beefalo even if its in the middle of attacking something!! 

I knew they fixed this. No longer will your beefalo die to tentacles!

3 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

You can mount your beefalo even if its in the middle of attacking something!! 

I knew they fixed this. No longer will your beefalo die to tentacles!

Oh wow thats a major change indeed

2 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

Klei should change the skill tree to increase Wigfrid's damage up to a limit of 1.5x or 1.75x

Be patient this will be added in the third round of character refreshes when Wolfgang gets 4x damage and Max can summon abigail and do all of willow’s fire spells. 

39 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Wolfgang got two stat skills which took up 10 points, Wormwood got that as you said, Woodie got the useless were goose skills. Though, everyone seems to only complain about the beefalo.

15 minutes ago, arubaro said:

also they should make her able to eat non meat dishes...oh wait..

Wigfrid is not excellent in combat. Wolfgang crushes Wigfrid on day 1 of the game. Wolfgang destroys Crab King smiling.

What's special about Wigfrid when it comes to fighting Bee Queen, Crab King and Ancient Fuelweaver?

The absurd work that Wigfrid needs to have a weapon (Restrained Static) that doesn't even come close to Wolfgang, Maxwell and Wanda.

Just now, Cruvimaster said:

Wigfrid is not excellent in combat. Wolfgang crushes Wigfrid on day 1 of the game. Wolfgang destroys Crab King smiling.

What's special about Wigfrid when it comes to fighting Bee Queen, Crab King and Ancient Fuelweaver?

The absurd work that Wigfrid needs to have to have a weapon (Restrained Static) that doesn't even come close to Wolfgang, Maxwell and Wanda.

having sanity and health regeneration, the cheapest gear in the game and extra atack and defense isnt enough? why she should match these characters? wanda and maxwell requires a minimum of skill, wigfrid is noobproof

3 minutes ago, arubaro said:

having sanity and health regeneration, the cheapest gear in the game and extra atack and defense isnt enough? why she should match these characters? wanda and maxwell requires a minimum of skill, wigfrid is noobproof

Why didn't you mention Wolfgang?

And just remember that Maxwell and Wanda have not yet received skill trees and are already destroying Wigfrid in combat.

8 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

And just remember that Maxwell and Wanda have not yet received skill trees and are already destroying Wigfrid in combat.

I dont play Wolfgang because i find him pretty boring, rather than finding characters like Wigfrid stronger. I feel like alot of other people will be in the same boat as me and find Wigfrid to be more balanced and interesting.

19 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

because wolfgang whole thing is being op in physical works and because any character should be as strong without downsides or complicate mechanics. Wigfrid already is a dumb character that trivializes many ingame mechanics, klei doesnr even respect her diet downside.... doesnt need to trivialize fighting futher, already got an atack buff that makes weak weapon reach the 50 threshold and makes new player dont learn how to fight or learn to heal

she is the easy mode in ds franchise 

I think Wigfrid's skill tree is in a good spot. I think the Beefalo skills are fine.Of all the characters, it makes most sense thematically for Wigfrid to have Beefalo skills and having Beefalo skills on Wigfrid opens up additional ways to play the character.

My only nitpick is I think that Wigfrid's Battle Saddle is in a kind of weird spot. Since it takes Azure feathers to craft, you aren't able to craft one until Winter and the other saddles seem to be preferable over the Battle Saddle. I think one of four changes would make me feel a lot better about taking Battle Saddle skill:

• Change the Battle Saddle recipe so that it is a viable option to be the first saddle you craft in Autumn
  • Change the Battle Saddle to have a 40% movement speed to match the regular saddle
  • Change the Battle Saddle to have the same damage bonus as the war saddle
  • Passive Obedience modifier of +5% when Battle Saddle is worn by a Beefalo (could be tied to the skill itself instead of the saddle)

Otherwise, it seems like the Glossamer Saddle for riding and the War Saddle are the best option and the final skill in the Beefalo section won't be worth taking most of the time.

Archived