This thing is just a replacement of a boss drop

The newest wigfrid shield is just a replacement for the shield of terror.

It's just better in any way.

They deal the same amount of damage, but the shield of terror has less defence, doesn't have the parry ability and it's harder to obtain (you can get the newest shield at day 1).

I know that the shield of terror can be repaired, but wigfrd's shield is just so easy to get.

I think this shield shouldn't invalidate a boss drop, klei should take a look at it and tweak something.

Yes, you have to play wigfrid and unlock some skills to get it, but it's still not fair.

I am against the idea of characters having weapons that totally invalidate boss drops.

idk if its worth taking if you can get her charged spear and helm.  The shield damage is just so low and her spear repairs its self.  She doesn't really need a "true block" b/c she already has damage reduction, and health / armor regen.

Also it can't replace SoT for anyone who isn't Wigfrid.  You need the skill to even equip it.

imo - its fine, if not a bit lackluster actually.

15 minutes ago, Sacco said:

The newest wigfrid shield is just a replacement for the shield of terror.

It's just better in any way.

They deal the same amount of damage, but the shield of terror has less defence, doesn't have the parry ability and it's harder to obtain (you can get the newest shield at day 1).

I know that the shield of terror can be repaired, but wigfrd's shield is just so easy to get.

I think this shield shouldn't invalidate a boss drop, klei should take a look at it and tweak something.

Yes, you have to play wigfrid and unlock some skills to get it, but it's still not fair.

I am against the idea of characters having weapons that totally invalidate boss drops.

They should give the shield of terror the dash from terraria.

37 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

idk if its worth taking if you can get her charged spear and helm.  The shield damage is just so low and her spear repairs its self.  She doesn't really need a "true block" b/c she already has damage reduction, and health / armor regen.

Also it can't replace SoT for anyone who isn't Wigfrid.  You need the skill to even equip it.

imo - its fine, if not a bit lackluster actually.

I've found it pretty good for early game, since before you get the charged spear specifically, using lightning spears is pretty costly.

It's just a shame that unlike the spear, the shield cannot be upgraded to do better in the post rift activation world. 

the shield of terror was good for having an easily repairable weapon to deal with random spiders or bats that popped up unexpectedly, the fact that it repairs with items that are dropped from those mobs made it a self sustaining way of clearing trash.

the battle rond in comparison does not do that very well because although it doesnt cost too much, it has terrible durability so you would need to replace it far more often than even battle spears. against bosses it also isnt extremely good because there arnt many undodgeable attacks you would need to block anyways.

if anything i would say the terror shield is in a much better spot and the wigfrid shield deserves a small buff (something i would like is for there to be a stronger damage boost for timing the parry better)

Archived