Somes views for the skilltree of wigfrid

As players, we respect every update released by the official, but this time it was not as satisfactory as expected. The official seems to have not seen what wigfrid truly needs.As a combat character, wigfrid faces isolated enemies and even bosses with almost no pressure when dealing with them.But when facing a large group of monsters, it can be quite difficult to deal with. If you don't run away, you will be beaten to an infinite stiffness and have no fighting ability.That's why wigfrid needs group attacks and stiff protection.

In addition, the new spear material is too expensive and repairing its durability is extremely troublesome. Players do not always have the time and effort to repair its durability, which is far from simple as a repair kit. The Brightshade Sword can completely replace it, and repairing it is extremely easy.

Lastly, regarding wigfrid, his battles do not rely on the beefalo. In contrast, Maxwell and Wendy require a talent for training beefalo.

I’ve used the spear. It’s a great weapon to deal AOE damage (85 dmg to dry target).

It’s true its crafting recipe is quite expensive, but only in early game. In late game, voltgoat horn is unlimited with a farm.

However, it’s possible to dash infinitely early game cheaply. You just have to use it exclusively as a dash cane, instead of as a weapon. Dashing costs 0 durability, and one uncharged spear can last forever. It’s super good.

the charged spear in late game is also easy to repair. Just dash several times in bee farm.

I agree dash ability in early game is very limited by downsides in early game, but I think it’s a good design. The spear becomes progressively better and more available as players skill level and their bases get better.

edit typo

13 hours ago, goatt said:

the charged spear in late game is also easy to repair. Just dash several times in bee farm.

I agree dash ability in early game is very limited by downsides in early game, but I think it’s a good design. The spear becomes progressively better and more available as players skill level and their bases get better.

It seems not to be the case. If you want to restore the durability of a charged spear, you need to spend time sprinting, and the sprint itself has a cooldown (3.5 seconds), which will be even more time-consuming.
If you use spears to deal with bosses, the end of the battle will consume an extremely high amount of durability, which means you will spend more time sprinting to repair your spears, a process that is extremely time-consuming
Far less efficient than a repair kit. Moreover, in the later stages of the game, there are all planar monsters. If a spear is used out, a new one will have to be made, and you have to upgrade your spear with a restrained static. Collecting restrained static electricity is also very troublesome.

Wigfrid needs Aoe like Woodie (deer morphology) ,who can perform an Aoe general attack every 3 times. For example , wigfrid can perform an Aoe attack every 3 times with any weapon.Besides,wigfrid needs stiff protection to face crows of monsters.

1 hour ago, goatt said:

Not "extremely". Bees, baby tentacles, spiders, frogs, pig farms, they all can be abundant.

1 hit 3.5s cool can recover 20% durability.

It only add 4% durability most ,on matter how many creatures you hit.

If you deal with bosses like Bee queen , dragonfly , Toadstool , Celestial Champion and so on , one spear is not enough .Later you have to spend time adding the durability . 

Which way  do you think of  easy ? Spending some time repairing your spear or a repair kit immediately ?

10 hours ago, Xiang001 said:

It only add 4% durability most

That's true. My bad. I think this is still reasonable. To recharge, just kill spiders since dash can one-shot spiders and frogs.

As for high cost, the spear can always be used exclusively for teleportation. For that purpose alone, it's a good enough item.

Archived