Feedback about Wigfrid from Wigfrid main

Hi, usually I don't comment on forums even thought I'm playing game since it was on google chrome. I'll be straightforward - I don't like the current Insight model that powercreeps everything and makes the gameplay too easy (characters are much stronger than before). However, I'll accept that this feedback doesn't bother me regarding the game's development model.

• Buff for Wigfrid related to beefalo - completely out of place and unrelated to the character or her playstyle, and it doesn't buff her as much as other character branches.
  • Buff for Wigfrid related to the dash from the electric spear: changes the meta, and instead of eating monster meat from spiders, she will now eat regular meat from birds and rabbits - this is because using the dash has no cost. This will make it the primary item for rushing on her. Personally, it seems like too much of an advantage in terms of her carnivorous nature.
  • Buff for Wigfrid related to battle songs: unfortunately, it can't be used (or is inconvenient) during boss fights, making it a less useful item.
  • Buff for Wigfrid related to the shield: seems very strong but enjoyable. You can block almost any Deerclops attack with low cooldown and ease of use. The buff from the tree for longer shield duration is completely useless.
  • Buff in the form of resurrection for inspiration: interesting, okay.
  • Planar Defense +5 - out of pocket, useless.
  • Increase in gaining inspiration while using Battle Spears - unfortunately, a weak skill. Contrary to appearances, songs for Wigfrid are an addition, not her main weapon, and there's no problem with gaining inspiration points, sometimes with their too fast decrease.
  • Stun when using the electric spear dash is annoying and locks the character in place for a moment - unpleasant and doesn't make the game more challenging.
  • Buff giving +10 one-time damage points after a block is useless and not worth investing in because it's simply too small.
  • Continuous increase in infinite durability points for the battle helm is a big plus - encourages the player to avoid and learn combat patterns, and it's also a kind of nerf for eating monster meat.

In summary, it's not a tragedy, but I had higher expectations and hoped for some development in her passive ability in a somewhat balanced way, not just adding extras for beefalos.

TL;DR - I hope you will fix/change the beefalo tree because it's bad and not fun

1 hour ago, Cosiek said:

Hi, usually I don't comment on forums even thought I'm playing game since it was on google chrome. I'll be straightforward - I don't like the current Insight model that powercreeps everything and makes the gameplay too easy (characters are much stronger than before). However, I'll accept that this feedback doesn't bother me regarding the game's development model.

• Buff for Wigfrid related to beefalo - completely out of place and unrelated to the character or her playstyle, and it doesn't buff her as much as other character branches.
  • Buff for Wigfrid related to the dash from the electric spear: changes the meta, and instead of eating monster meat from spiders, she will now eat regular meat from birds and rabbits - this is because using the dash has no cost. This will make it the primary item for rushing on her. Personally, it seems like too much of an advantage in terms of her carnivorous nature.
  • Buff for Wigfrid related to battle songs: unfortunately, it can't be used (or is inconvenient) during boss fights, making it a less useful item.
  • Buff for Wigfrid related to the shield: seems very strong but enjoyable. You can block almost any Deerclops attack with low cooldown and ease of use. The buff from the tree for longer shield duration is completely useless.
  • Increase in gaining inspiration while using Battle Spears - unfortunately, a weak skill. Contrary to appearances, songs for Wigfrid are an addition, not her main weapon, and there's no problem with gaining inspiration points, sometimes with their too fast decrease.
  • Stun when using the electric spear dash is annoying and locks the character in place for a moment - unpleasant and doesn't make the game more challenging.
  • Buff giving +10 one-time damage points after a block is useless and not worth investing in because it's simply too small.
  • Continuous increase in infinite durability points for the battle helm is a big plus - encourages the player to avoid and learn combat patterns, and it's also a kind of nerf for eating monster meat.

In summary, it's not a tragedy, but I had higher expectations and hoped for some development in her passive ability in a somewhat balanced way, not just adding extras for beefalos.

TL;DR - I hope you will fix/change the beefalo tree because it's bad and not fun

I think the 5 planar defense is fine, could be 10, but then you have to take in consideration that she is receiving all of those things at once, so having 5 planar defense PLUS the Commander's Helmet PLUS the invincibility shield makes for a very powerful tank already. The shield buff is not useless since it can block celestial champion third phase more consistently.

The inspiration bonus is actually very great and does make a difference in gameplay, although not huge it definetly is handy and can speed things up pretty quickly on the long run.

I think I agree with the rest, the beefalo tree is very underwhelming and doesnt make any sense since on foot she's way better.

33 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I dislike this skill since it is useless besides from post riff. Maybe it gives all weapons +2 planar damage or something. 

But that's the idea of it. If it gave regular defense it wouldn't make sense since she already have that.

3 hours ago, Cosiek said:

food's kind of a non-issue for her... crock up some meaty stews and you're good to go chief lol. i was fine on food well before i got the insight to get the lightning spear. having to swap out your walking cane to your lightning spear and wait out the cd makes it a lot more inconvenient than you may think. and when i have food out the wazoo anyways, i don't think i'd bother with it.

i doubt i'd use the shield since i'm pretty comfortable with kiting, and judging from what others have said about it, it seems more worthwhile to kite or even just tank the hit as wigfrid is already a very durable character. 

3 hours ago, Cosiek said:

This is by design. As was the case with Wolfgang, Klei is intentionally offering skills that are meant to change the way you play the character. Not all skills will be relevant to all players.

though I still think it would be better to sell a more dedicated gatherer/fisherman path for Wolfgang than his weird trainer one

28 minutes ago, cybers2001 said:

This is by design. As was the case with Wolfgang, Klei is intentionally offering skills that are meant to change the way you play the character. Not all skills will be relevant to all players.

though I still think it would be better to sell a more dedicated gatherer/fisherman path for Wolfgang than his weird trainer one

no one uses the whistle and no one will use ornery because of perks because you'd have more dps and effective health without ornery 

12 minutes ago, grm9 said:

no one uses the whistle and no one will use ornery because of perks because you'd have more dps and effective health without ornery 

You could argue that it offers a more support playstyle for Wigfrid, at least. In a team dynamic, she can play the role of a blacksmith of sorts, crafting weapons and armor for her team. Now she can also tame beefalo and craft saddles for her team, and also resurrect them with her new chorus.

50 minutes ago, Trips said:

food's kind of a non-issue for her... crock up some meaty stews and you're good to go chief lol. i was fine on food well before i got the insight to get the lightning spear. having to swap out your walking cane to your lightning spear and wait out the cd makes it a lot more inconvenient than you may think. and when i have food out the wazoo anyways, i don't think i'd bother with it.

i doubt i'd use the shield since i'm pretty comfortable with kiting, and judging from what others have said about it, it seems more worthwhile to kite or even just tank the hit as wigfrid is already a very durable character. 

The spear itself gives speed bonus so it's kinda like an all-in-one thing. kite, attack, wet targets, repairable etc..

Yeah as someone who never played her much I'm not feeling nearly as much itch to try her as I am Willow. The equipment stuff looks fun but I think she needs a few perks for passives/utility instead of just all combat. Maybe a few bones for the solo players. The beefalo skills are interesting but not really enough to cause a play style change for a run. I do like when there are perks that unlock a niche use for items. Like red caps and rot for Wormwood, marble suits and gems for Wolfgang, wood and monster meat for Woodie. I will acknowledge the revive all party members song seems pretty freaking powerful for groups.

Archived