Overjoyed responses for critters

With the change of critter hapiness I would like to suggest the creation of overjoyed response or another hapiness level beyond the happy for critters.

I want to do a little comparison with farming mechanics in Don't Starve Together, there you could just do the bare minimum and have a sustainable farming or if the player wants to go deeper he could plants the right combinations, control the nutrients and he was going to be rewarded with giant crops.

My idea would be that if you provide 10 or more happiness to a critter, so grooming + critter fountain + critter condo, critter would get to this new happiness level, which give them a chance to double their excrete and produce two eggs per reproduction. I would give the chance 25%, which almost guarantee 1 double egg per hatch if we consider that they lay 15 per life cycle, but that would be decided by the developers.

I like the idea for a requirement of a native plant. Although I like it,  I wouldn't put 1 plant per critter because if the player tries to have get this overjoyed status in a normal stable with 8 critters, means 8 plants and if you take the need to provide the grooming station, critter fountain, critter condo and maybe an extra station like shearing station or milking station, it will clog the room. Instead I would propose 3 plants in the room as a requirement

I also think it should give it could give them more animations, like hatches skipping around instead of walking, pips being more playful even and more.
I'd just suggest to give gameplay benefits so more people would try out and start to create other layouts for stable, instead of always be driven to the more efficient setup. Also, it wouldn't change the gameplay for people who chose to keep on the more efficiency layout.

fully agree, but instead of plain resource bonus I'd go with something more creative and totally different. duplicant's overjoyed reactions do various different things, I'd love to see something similar here. 

Maybe one of the critters could become pet and work for the player? Shinebugs could fly around a dupe, giving constatnt Lit Workspace bonus, Pips could assist digging errands, Dreckos could be fluffy bedtime plushie for quicker dream jurnal progress, etc

Archived