Why Crab king probably won't get a moontated version

We don't actually kill him. He's still alive at the end of his fight, we just destroy his shell, so it wouldn't make sense for him to become a zombie. I would rather we get a way to drain the moon energy out of him and return him to Pearl.

1 minute ago, JustAFlower said:

since he's lunar aligned, why will the brightshade gestalts be interested ?

I dont think they would. I just remembered people talking about it back when the new bosses came out and I felt like making a topic on the other reason it seemed unlikely.

40 minutes ago, -Variant said:

He's already Lunar mutated, the Gestalts don't want him!
Besides, as you said, he doesn't die. There's an unused death animation and sound with him dying that went unused.

well, hounds mutate by moon influence but they also appear in the wagstaff's notes about potential hosts

personally i dont think it matters if is or not lunar aligned. Is about being a suitable host and i don't think klei wants hard enemies to become harder, atleast not the ones with high HP. Klei did 3 mutated bosses with some of the weakest ones to spice up these fights for experience players.

they could do low hp but super punishing versions of some ride bosses but i doubt it (would be cool a pure horror FW even if it doesnt make totally sense). Most likely we will get moslins since they appear in the notes and are weak. They might, and imo should, focus on mutate mobs (please add new mobs so they can also be mutated)

Archived